Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] More Playlist Sorting Options/Columns

Sort options within Spotify are severely lacking.

First, what's lacking outright:

sort by year, total plays, personal playcount, current popularity, genre, tempo, etc.

On top of that, sorting should be stackable, e.g. sort by album by year, or sort artist by total plays, etc.

This could apply to within the artists' pages as well, allowing us to sort through all their songs to better find music that suits our tastes.

Updated on 2020-01-23

Hi folks. Thanks for all your votes and comments. We like this idea, but at the moment we're not planning to do this.

If something should change we'll be sure to come back and provide an update.

Comments
jguix

BPM

audsnico

for real, 2 years and still can't sort by date. A field you already have in the database. Ugh. 

daxel

Adding more columns wouldn't just bring better sorting, but also more visual cues when exploring music. I would love to see the number of tracks and year of albums. This would make me able to better recall which tracks I liked or how I would like to arrange my playlists. This data is already there, why can't I have it displayed also? Please implement this!

Frederik81

I'd love for Spotify to at the very least add a column "Year" to the playlist view. Like this would be beneficial:

"Track - Artist - Album - Year - Added - User"

That would be really convenient if you do a label/artist search and want to explore it chronologically.

ST3PHAN

This feature request is more than 2 years old and still not implemented. Wow, this is a fast product management... 😞

I also would love to be able to sort playlists by different tags like Genre for example as iTunes and MediaPlayer do. Just basics.

Johnnykav69

Adding a year of release column would be perfect - I have a large playlist and often want to split it by year or decade for listening

valley_forge

Wow, just today I was going to post this idea and I see it's been posted literally years ago. Don't you think it's about time? It's really a pretty basic feature... Most all other music managing programs allow managing what columns are shown and the order. Spotify DEFINITELY needs this, pronto.

Pinto1985

"sort my playlist by genre etc."

I´m at a complete loss of explain why spotify is not able to implement this fuc***g feature. Is it a political decession?

We should strike and change to another streaming provider!!!!

frequencebasket

Why not just allow users to add or remove filtering columns?

Also would it be possible for users to define their own 'genre' and map them with Spotify Genre

User          Spotify

Techno      Dance, House, Techno

djgeiger0620

Spotify, this needs to happen.  It CANNOT be that hard to implement more categories, edit which categories you want to see, and even adding customizable categories.  This is currently the ONLY thing that is preventing me from getting premium.