Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
boneshj

Stupidity to the max.  I just hit the limit today, and I'm about quarter of the way through my collection of owned CDs and LPs.  Thank god I didn't cancel my Rdio account yet, as I'm likely to go back now. 

askanevsky

For some reason, my limit is quite a bit less than 10,000. I continue to save albums however I have hit the point that when I click "save" it breifly flashes to "saved" and then quickly reverts to "save" and the albums is not found under albums (nor are its tracks found under songs). I checked my songs playlist and I currently at 9,282 songs. Both my Spotify and OS X versions are current. Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2014-10-18 at 9.02.03 AM.jpg

hans-jürgen

Rumour has it that album names also count as saved songs, so that would explain the lower limit beneath 10k depending on the average number of tracks on your saved albums. Mine seems to be at 9,456 saved tracks.

lolnado

It is really ridiculous that Spotify still has this limit. I am sure more and more people are reaching the limit given some time after the introduction of this "save music" feature. The reasoning that very small amount of people will reach this limit is stupid and short-sighted because back then the feature was just added and even if there was a test sample of users the sample would be very small.

Rdio has had this 'adding music into collection' feature since their beginning and they never put a limit on how many albums or songs you can save. With Rdio bringing their free service to more countries, more Spotify users will hit the 10,000 songs limit and start jumping over to Rdio.

Phreakazoid

This limit would almost be acceptable if you actually got some meaningful error message instead of random albums just vanishing from your music because you hit the limit. Remove the limit or add error message please!

This problem had me thinking that the Android app is buggy, when really it's just this limit causing this issue like so:

• Add music and sync to phone
  • It's more than the 10k limit
  • Go to phone to listen to music later in the day and seemingly random albums are removed with no reason given

Unacceptable

hans-jürgen

A possible reason why the developers may have problems identifying the issue might be that they are searching for a hardcoded 10,000 in the source code, but it may be caused by the change from four digits to five, i.e. from 9,999 to 10,000 which the database cannot handle anymore.

Another possibility might be that 3x3,333 tracks gives 9,999 tracks as well which is the allowed maximum number of offline tracks for three external devices like iPods etc. Although this should not be related to any online streaming track counter and only concern Premium users if at all, it still may be the case.

ginosic

This 10K limit thing is nonsense.

I can see the point in a limit for offline songs, but in the general "Your Music" list, which I'm guessing is basically a list of links for the songs in the servers... Not so much.

Also, it's even more absurd given that Spotify isn't upfront about it.

I mean, I'm paying for this service and I had to find about it while sarching for a solution for another problem?

This seems like something major enough to be stated along the headlines of the service instead of *unlimited songs* and not on some shady line in a contract.

Spotify staff, would you mind solving this for your customers?

fippo

I wasn't even aware of this limit until I tried saving new albums and they just...wouldn't. No error messages and it took me searching for that problem to even discover that such a limit was in place. As a user with nearly 40k songs in my own personal library, I was hoping I would be able to integrate them into the albums and songs I already had saved in Spotify. I understand that due to licensing and such not all of my library would have been represented but to be limited in such an arbitrary fashion is ridiculous. It's become apparent to me that Spotify has no desire to cater to their "power-user" (music hoarder :P), community.

As such, I have cancelled my subscription and uninstalled the Spotify service entirely.

Kktok

I thought Spotify was such a cool service so started my subscription. But as I realized today that I hit the limit, it disappointed me A LOT.

Hope it will be fixed.

btltez

I have been Premium paying customer for a long time and had no idea about this limit until now when I could not save albums any longer. How do I find how many songs I have? I see no info when I go to songs, no total so I have no idea. wtf? they just stop a paying customer from using services offered with no warning? Does Google Play have a limit? If not guess I have to switch to them cuz this suck for true music freaks.