Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Introduction of closed Beta testing programme

Coming from an Android perspective, in which case this is similar to a previous Idea (http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Release-a-ICS-beta-Spotify/idi-p/37113), but this could applicable to all platforms (except maybe iOS as its relatively closed)

Many other companies allow users who are familiar with techincal concepts and are happy to tweak and test to sign up for beta programmes for testing new software features and versions before they are released generally.

Spotify would definitely benefit from such a programme. Spotify could control it in a few ways:

- make the sign up process relatively open - an example is Chrome where users can switch into the beta or even development release channels with a simple software switch

- control it by making it invite only based on finding users on the forums who show technical/trouble-shooting ability - an example is Sonos where key members of the community definitely get to test-drive new releases.

Spotify could also enforce an NDA on beta users, if it so wished, in order to ensure the general level of secrecy it likes to put around new features - again I'm pretty sure from previous experience that Sonos do this - it was obvious after the release of their Spotify tie-in that some forum users had been in the closed beta.

As you can probably guess, I'd be more than happy to be involved in such a programme 🙂

Now that we've started inviting people to join our beta testing (including Spotify for Android,) I think we can safely say this is implemented. For more info, signing up for betas and finding out the status of all our beta tests, have a look here.

Comments
oldschoolsquare

I would like to be a part of any BETA testing if this is ever implimented.

TeddyMarinaro

I would definitely participate in a beta (Android, Windows, GoogleTV). Thanks for the awesome product and I can't wait for updates in the future!

Jonny5

I would too!

MatthewLM

Beta versions should be open because non-technical users can still report problems they find.

Goodman
Status changed to: Implemented

Now that we've started inviting people to join our beta testing (including Spotify for Android,) I think we can safely say this is implemented. For more info, signing up for betas and finding out the status of all our beta tests, have a look here.

MisterMeteo
Can I too ? For iOS this time 😊 I already seen this page, and asked it by the formulary of inscription😊 Thanks !
YungJoji

cool

gazoya

Hi, how can I become a beta tester?

YeetLmao

http://www.google.com 

Spoiler
a

🙂 duck<>duck<>