Close
HackedByChinese

Jukebox

by HackedByChinese ‎01-03-2012 08:46 PM - edited ‎02-03-2012 12:20 AM

Set up your account/device as a jukebox, where users can find (perhaps by location) and submit to your device songs which will be added to a playlist on that device. Perhaps secured by a simple passphrase which can be printed and displayed/emailed/texted to people in the area, and prevent "drive by play listing".

Changed back to "new idea" status - once this idea reaches 100+ kudos the Spotify staff will review it again and decide on a new status. ~ Peter

Comments
by jeppevangeppe on ‎21-09-2012 11:13 PM

Totally agree! This would be great for parties, venues etcetera. I'm looking for a possibility like this for a long, long time..

by Chopp3rDave on ‎07-12-2012 02:55 AM

This would be amazing!

by Musical Legend on ‎12-03-2013 12:05 AM - last edited on ‎19-12-2013 09:36 PM by World Tour
Status changed to: New Idea

Changed back to "new idea" status - once this idea reaches 100+ kudos the Spotify staff will review it again and decide on a new status. ~ Peter

by Naikrovek on ‎06-05-2013 08:12 PM

Jukebox UI (on the playing device itself or elsewhere) suitable for touch-only interaction would be ideal.

by Spiffy on ‎05-06-2013 02:59 PM

I've always got spotify running in the background when I entertain guests. It would be really cool if Users could interact with a touchscreen and select songs they wanted to hear. Much like a jukebox at a bar.

by hasuhime on ‎25-11-2013 03:37 PM

This is not only a great idea but potentially a moneymaker for Spotify, too.

Bars, restaurants, shops -- establishments of all kinds! -- could pay for a special kind of account, with which comes the functionality for their customers to use, say, an iPhone/Android app, to queue the songs they want to hear.

Instead of a password to prevent "driveby playlisting" as mentioned above (as passwords can be remembered/shared/etc, meaning they'd probably have to be changed regularly) perhaps it would be possible to log into the establishment's jukebox with something similar to a QR code? It could be displayed inside the building for customers to scan, and start adding tracks.

And for the sake of censorship in public places, you could implement a few control options for the establishment to use -- to prevent explicit songs from being played in family-friendly environments, and so that people don't wind up listening to that one kid's favourite Avenged Sevenfold song over their michelin star gourmet dinner and wine!

by benwillo001 on ‎04-02-2014 06:30 AM

Please make this happen ASAP. With so many other music streaming providers out there, this feature would add a nice competitive edge to Spotify's offering.

Announcements
Labels
Polls
I follow people on Spotify because..

Top Choice: ..they have good music taste and I want new recommendations. (67%)

Votes: 93
Votes: 193
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count