Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Landscape orientation on Android

I use my iphone in my car for navigation and music. I prefer for my phone to be mounted in landscape orientation for navigation purposes, but the spotify app is hard to use when it is sideways.  constantly changing the orientation is inconvenient.  Could spotify implement a landscape orientation? even if it lacks some of the less important features.

Hello folks!

We are happy to announce that landscape mode is now on Android!

In order to be fair with iPhone users (half of the comments in this idea support iPhone) we have created a new idea just for iPhone users and added half of the kudos you folks added to this one.

If you are an Android user, we hope you are very happy and enjoy it!

If you are an iPhone user, give this idea some kudos!

Thanks so much everyone for every comment, vote and feedback. We really love that at Spotify.

Comments
aze

Agree. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and an Android TV box. I have no plans of turning my TV into vertical mode.

David

Hey all,

Just merged a few similar topics together, and changed the subject of the headline to make it a bit broader.

At the moment, iPad is the only mobile app with a landscape mode. 

whiteninjazx6r
Not sure what's up, but on all my devices, two android phones and an android tablet ,s ometimes when i turn the device it goes into landscape mode and sometimes t wont...it would be nice if this was fixed or a dedicated option to rotate and lock would be good too...
nitrococo

Same as previous comments here. I use my mobile in a handsfree kit and listen to spotify a lot in the car, and as my phone is sideways in this kit, a  landscape mode for spotify would be very helpful!!!

Pevjen

Yay, finally a spotify app for Android! Great, but I think you guys forgot the Tablet users.

Most android tablets (Yes there are exceptions) are meant to be used in landscape mode, however we are being forced to use the app in portrait mode. Which is for me, a Samsung Tab 10.1 owner, not usable. (Holding a tab 10.1 in portrait is like rotating a desktop 90 degrees). So, my 'idea' is to SUPPORT LANDSCAPE. ❤️

SirSid

This feature would also be appreciated in android tablets such as the transformer series which often reside in docks

SirSid
Stocklone

This is the only stopping me from switching from Rdio to Spotify.  Want my money every month? Then make it happen.

neo-x

...+ Landscape was already in the old app. New app doesn't seem to support it anymore.

neo-x

This feature was in the old app (well for me anyways on the Note) but new version broke it.