ManboobsGalore

Music Videos

by ManboobsGalore on ‎04-05-2012 08:53 PM

Not sure if this has been mention or discussed. I wondered if spotify ever plans to incorporate music videos into the application. It would be cool users could choose to watch the music video associated with the song.

Comments
by buggles on ‎05-03-2012 06:04 PM

Possibility to buy an extra access for the nights party or so on there u can play up belonging music videos to our ordinary playlist.

The access my be for only 24h or an option how give u alltime access.

by markrenaud on ‎31-03-2012 11:37 PM

A music service like spotify was a great move forward and I am wondering when music videos will be provided in the same way.

These days my TV sets throughout the house are all linked and will play videos and feeds. I often use my iphone to play you tube videos and video playlists on all the sets and would like to see spotify take this jump into the future.

by robeso on ‎06-05-2012 10:46 PM

That would be awesome, perhaps they could add a link to youtube inside spotify to avoid all the extra bandwith that comes with it.

by darkdj09 on ‎07-05-2012 10:27 PM

music videos would most likley come from either youtube or another video hosting website, there would be an issue around contracts, lisencing agreaments, permishion to host spotify on youtube and the other websites, it would be a huge nightmare on boud rock (ever seen fantasia ?), so I doubt weather it is a fessable suggestion, but I love the sound of it, and I hope they manige to sort it out.

by stefansmith on ‎18-06-2012 10:52 AM

It would be awesome if the video's also could be played on a second screen.

by tm98 ‎21-06-2012 04:59 PM - edited ‎21-06-2012 05:01 PM

Today I have a feature for the new Amy Macdonald Album on my Spotify homescreen. There is also the music video from her new single playable. It would be great if something like that could be on lots of artist pages within Spotify.

Edit: The video is only a one minute preview from youtube and below there is a link to the full video on the Universal homepage.

by AssanasIK on ‎27-06-2012 07:11 PM

What if you could pay for a more expensive spotify premium and get to see the music video for the song as you listen to it? 

by Music Award Nominee on ‎11-08-2012 11:02 AM

Was going to suggest this, but I used the search feature ;)

Some songs have really nice videos, and I would like to watch them via spotify. It could be a premium only feature!

by kiliklopez on ‎10-09-2012 06:38 AM

I think it would be a cool idea to have like a vevo App like the tunewiki app that allows you to see the music videos of the songs as it goes through your playlist. You guys should really think about doing this, it would be a great implement

by Petervanapeldoo on ‎31-10-2012 03:11 PM
I totally agree. I was sitting in the bus today, listening to the new album by muse, when i found myself staring at the album cover for some time. Being a New media stategist and filmmaker, i found myself realising this is à missed opportunity. Nobody watches MTV anymore, because we are mobile. Hell we don't even have a music television channel in the Netherlands anymore. But sitting in the bus, waiting for the train or a plane are perfect moment to also add video to the music we listen to. Its à lot better then checking your Facebook 3 times. Furthermore it would give artist the possibilty to show themselves as performers. Even more so it would bring back the music video and would give à huge worldwide impuls to filmmakers. IIt could get very creative. For the technical implications, i think they are solveble. You don't need YouTube, artist just upload the video, as they do with their music. You can take win à lot of viewers from youtube. Music video are still the highest scoring video on that platform. So à budinessmodel based on advertisement or paid subscription is around the corner. And no need to worry about bandwith, an one to two we'll al be connecting to 4g, with speeds up to 100mbs. So pro's all the way. This way spotify could give an impuls to creative filmmaking, like electricty was for music in 60's. Please do consider! Peter
Announcements
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count