Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
pri

My Music History

by pri on ‎17-02-2012 05:58 PM

Sometimes I just listen to a random playlist and I like some songs in it, but there is no way for me to go back look at the history to pick out the songs I liked and put it in a playlist of my own.

Although this idea has been suggested first, I'd like to merge it with a more popular idea here:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Usable-History/idi-p/40321

Add your kudos there please - the existing kudos here will be added soon! ;)
Comments
by Moderator on ‎18-02-2012 05:55 PM

Hey,

A history would be pretty cool. Although personally, I scrobble my Spotify with my Last.fm account, so anything I listen to is recorded there. It's worth a go if your haven't already.

by on ‎19-02-2012 11:55 AM

Use Play Queue > History tab.

i.e. click Play Queue in the left-hand sidebar then click the History tab in the center to view previously played songs. You can then add them to playlists as required.

Only problem is that the history is per-session, so it gets cleared every time you restart Spotify.

by chicagoguy on ‎23-03-2012 08:50 PM

Agree.   Sometimes I stop paying attention to what is playing and realize that I would like to back up.  Even when I've queued music myself, don't always remember what it is that I've played.

by Parkingmachine on ‎19-07-2012 06:05 PM

Came here searching for this subject!  I have a tune in my head that I cannot find in my spotify account - although that is where I found and heard it.

Can't be much work to provide, and could be an option you could turn off or on (For those worried about Big Brother)

I see what my friends are listening to, so they obviously have the data available!

by awitate on ‎15-11-2012 05:18 AM

I think youtube's history is the coolest because it remembers anything you saw no matter what device you saw it in.

by Inthesky on ‎20-12-2012 04:03 AM

Yes, this is really missing. You only have access to the hstory of the last session. What is needed is a complete history. That must be easy to implement?

by World Tour on ‎08-02-2013 06:44 PM
Status changed to: Duplicate Idea

Although this idea has been suggested first, I'd like to merge it with a more popular idea here:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Usable-History/idi-p/40321

Add your kudos there please - the existing kudos here will be added soon! ;)
Announcements
ANNOUNCEMENTS

Ideas monthly review: July

Remember!: use SEARCH before posting. Your idea may have already been requested

Please have a look at the Community Guidelines in the welcome board.

Before posting a new idea, check out our idea submission guidelines

Want to know what happens to your ideas? "Check this out".

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count