Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Enable email registration to Spotify

It would be nice to be able to open up the registration system to more people not just Facebook. This idea will never disappear. I figued I'd post it here in this lovely new community of Spotify.

We’re delighted to offer our users yet another way to sign up to Spotify. New users can now get instant access to millions of songs simply by visiting www.spotify.com and providing an email address and username. People can also continue to sign up and log into Spotify with Facebook across iOS, Android and web for easy access to the ultimate social music experience.

Comments
Munky

seriously.. I mean the intergration is cool I guess.. but I recently decided to get rid of my facebook (it's a distraction that I'd rather just be done with.  if I wana know what a friend is up to I'll just call of visit..)

but now If i want to keep the playlists and radio stations I have to have to keep my facebook account open..? I'd understand just lossing the intagration feature but not even being able to log in to spotify anymore..? wtf... 

nit89ram
Didn't you post this video through your Tumblr-account yesterday? http://youtu.be/8KRBcN21LpQ The part about Facebook in the video isn't valid anymore, right? That's a shame.
Thompology

Just adding my 2 cents:

I have a spotify account from before the FB requirement. Premium member and I love the service. I will cancel if forced to connect to FB. Also Spotify is missing out on 3 subscriptions that I know of personally because of the FB account requirement. Im sure that same scenario is replicated with many current premium members. 

It's a bad idea. Please reverse it. 

Zap Facebook - how I did it (i have a premium account):

1. create a facebook account

2. create a spotify account
  3. create a device password and write down the device number (9 digits in my case).
  4. use the device number and password to log on to spotify on the pc
  5. check a last time email adress, gender and birthdate, can't be modified once the fb account is deleted.
  6. all ok? delete the facebook account Smiley Tongue

Everything is working perfectly since december and now spotify has a dangling pointer to facebook; who cares.

NB. The spotify management deserves a triple A for stupidity to force us to such convoluted procedures. I don't believe that they will cancel a paying account, even a normal account, because the corresponding facebook account is inexistant.

Hypermirage
Spotify cares about your feedback! Really! Hundreds of people have voiced their disgust for the mandatory Facebook connection. Near as I can tell, there's been no credible customer approval for mandatory Facebook. No customer argues that forcing everyone to have an FB account is an awesome feature. Vote with your dollars, folks. These people don't care about your feedback, they care about subscriptions. I've been a premium subscriber since Spotify first came to the US, and as such, don't have to worry about not having a FB account. Lucky me. But I think FB sucks. I think corporate mandates suck. And I think Spotify has a hard on for Mark Z that won't be softened by a few hundred whiny paying customers. At least until they stop paying. So here's my feedback: no more money for you.
Maetco

"Spotify cares about your feedback! Really! Hundreds of people have voiced their disgust for the mandatory Facebook connection. Near as I can tell, there's been no credible customer approval for mandatory Facebook. No customer argues that forcing everyone to have an FB account is an awesome feature. Vote with your dollars, folks. These people don't care about your feedback, they care about subscriptions."

Couldn't agree more. If we want this thing to change we need to make it so that it costs them more than what they get from their co-deal with FB. If you have a friend who's using Spotify ask them to support this idea and even boycott Spotify until the users of Spotify are free once more.

nere

Also like to contribute to this thread.  

No love for Facebook.  Luckily I have signed up before the facebook requirement but would close my premium account if forced onto facebook.  

Love Spotify and have recommended to all my friends and would just say please please please let people login without facebook. 

Spotify freedom of music but not freedom from social networking.

*Just a quick update to say my brother lives in China and I bought him a year subscription to Spotify Premium.  The problem we encoutered was China doesn't like facebook either so bit of a pain to get around this with the great firewall of china (we did sort it in the end thankfully).  I am hoping Spotify realises why independance is ultimatley greater than facebook.  

JammyDodger

Come on Spotify. A great service being tainted by your 'unique' relationship with FB.

How about LinkedIn or others. As you can clearly see there are a significant number of your subscribers who dislike FB (me being one). 

It is surely easy for you guys to let me share my tastes with my friends who are existing Spotify users...

Thanks

nyrk

It may be too late for me, as I've already signed up using FB and added my payment method, but as I'm not a huge fan of the all-seeing eye named Facebook, it was a hard decision whether to join Spotify at all. Would Spotify be independent from Facebook, I wouldn't have hesitated at all. I ask myself: WHY has this been changed? Why are we new users forced to use FB? Is FB now behind Spotify too?

Of course, I can cancel my subscription at any time, just as some other users who already announced to do so above. But I find Spotify great and very useful and would prefer to keep using it.

An "ideas" area where they try to give you the impression that they care about your opinion is one thing.

Not implementing basic requests that exist for a long time such as sorting playlists or not reacting to many users NOT wanting to be *forced* to use FB credentials is another thing.

I love Spotify, but I'm not so sure if I will stay a premium customer if customer opinions (in this specific FB-case with no doubt many of them!) aren't heard.

Maetco

The title of this idea is "Not to be force into just Facebook". Does this mean you want to be forced into other pages, services etc. as well not just FB?