Close
davidknight100

Option to INCLUDE ads on premium

by davidknight100 on ‎24-02-2012 11:13 PM

Yes, i know this is an odd question.

But is it possible to add a checkbox to enable ads on the premium service (with the option to fast forward through them of course). Oddly, i miss hearing them.

Often they contained info and artists i wouldn't have listened to normally. In talking to a friend of mine that also uses spotify, it's one of the reasons he's hesitating going to premium.

I've considered creating a second Facebook account and sharing all my playlists to it so i can listen to music with ads, but it seems like such a huge hassle. Anyway, odd odd request i know.

Love the service, even though there are bugs here and there.

Although this idea has been suggested first, I'd like to merge it with a slightly more popular idea here:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/I-want-to-be-able-to-show-ads-in-Premium/idi-p/69987

Add your kudos there please - Ideas will be merged and kudos transferred soon! ;)
Comments
by awgeorge on ‎19-07-2012 04:50 PM

I was thinking the same thing. I don't watch TV and only hear about new artists and products though spotify. I would endource an option to renable adverts in spotify premium. 

I also enjoy the job updates and spotfy news that i don't get on my premium account.

W

by Music Award Nominee on ‎31-07-2012 02:54 AM

That is a strange request, but I know where your coming from with it. I too miss ads when I'm on premium :)

Kudoed.

by World Tour on ‎07-02-2013 06:52 PM
Status changed to: Duplicate Idea

Although this idea has been suggested first, I'd like to merge it with a slightly more popular idea here:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/I-want-to-be-able-to-show-ads-in-Premium/idi-p/69987

Add your kudos there please - Ideas will be merged and kudos transferred soon! ;)
Announcements
Labels
Polls
I follow people on Spotify because..

Top Choice: ..they have good music taste and I want new recommendations. (64%)

Votes: 74
Votes: 129
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count