Spotify Ideas

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
AntonD

Owner controls collaboration playlist

by AntonD on ‎24-04-2012 04:17 PM

The current collaboration playlist allows anyone to delete the whole list of songs, or secretly delete individual songs one by one. Which makes the collaboration feature pretty useless.

To prevent trolls from destroying a playlist, my suggestion is to add special privileges to the owner of the collaboration playlist. So anyone can SUGGEST songs to add or delete, in the playlist. It then pops up a yes/or no option to the owner of the playlist. 

Comments
by Saalen on ‎05-10-2012 02:58 PM
This would be awesome. Right now I have to manage 4 playlist to get it to work as I want. Me and a friend got a collaborative playlist to get out what we want from it we need one collaborative, one private, one for the removed tracks and one for suggesting tracks. It would be so much better to just be able to set permissions och who can remove and add tracks and the rest can just suggest the changes.
by Erikbs on ‎15-11-2012 07:19 AM

YES!

by l0kas on ‎15-11-2012 12:30 PM

a chatroom in the playlist would also be very cool

by tedavis on ‎02-01-2013 11:42 AM

+1 for the owner controls.

I have a playlist comprised of film & game scores which used to be collaborative until I found out anyone could also remove all the songs. I'd love to be able to select who to collaborate with as I've found a friend of mine has some really good suggestions (currently getting the suggestions via twitter then adding them manually).

I guess priveleges would be a good addition too - ie: some people could add to the playlist but not delete tracks others have added.

by Nadegeb72 on ‎12-01-2013 05:13 PM

I think that maybe a clever way to START with would be the functionality of creative either PUBLIC or PRIVATE collaborative playlists. That should be a very easy change in the database (add field true/false). And therefore only the creator can invite subscribers from a private collaborative playlist.

For example, I have three friends who are just as crazy and knowledgeable about all kinds of music and I have a playlist with them where each adds tracks once in a while to share it instantly with us three. Much more practical for us than to keep sharing via Spotify/Facebook messaging. However we live in constant fear that some stranger will subscribe and delete it all :)

by hjotube on ‎14-03-2013 01:29 PM

I'd really like to have this feature.

I made a playlist which got around 20 follower, but I forgot it on Collaborative and some moron deleted it all.

The list is pretty much ruined now.

The crew should really do this!

by Spotify on ‎09-04-2013 01:48 PM
Status changed to: Good Idea, give it some kudos

by Batch on ‎28-04-2013 01:24 PM

Definitely agree. I have had my Ultimate Driving Tunes playlist virtually halved since I built it and only recently noticed the number of tracks dwindling. I have had to remove the Collaborative optionat on that and all the other playlists I have made so far.

Please do this ASAP. It would be a big help, then can reenable it and I can then approve or disapprove new songs as well as not lose any tracks again! 

I'm now in the process re-adding them again!! Grr! Hate the playlist trolls out there.

by detmer14 on ‎01-05-2013 04:45 PM

Great idea. This would go well with the ability to "transfer" ownership of any playlist or at least collaborative playlists to another user. Spotify is becoming a great tool for groups of people. This feature would definitely make it even more useful.

by timov on ‎06-05-2013 03:32 PM

I really, really wish something like this. Would become EXTREMERLY handy!

Announcements
ANNOUNCEMENTS

Ideas monthly review: August

Remember!: use SEARCH before posting. Your idea may have already been requested

Please have a look at the Community Guidelines in the welcome board.

Before posting a new idea, check out our idea submission guidelines

Want to know what happens to your ideas? "Check this out".

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count