Close
Holly_A

Picture on Profile

by Holly_A on ‎28-02-2012 06:53 PM

I would like to suugest the option of adding our own pictures or avitars WITHOUT linking it to our Facebook accounts.

I know there are some of us that were fortunate enough to get Spotify before it linked with Facebook and I would love to add my picture on the account page.

Hello folks! First at all, sorry for the late reply...we have tons of ideas coming into the community everyday and it is hard to prioritize.

We are actually working now on social features (as the one you are requesting here) and we want to give you all the possibility of customizing your profiles. We are trying to improve Spotify day by day but we still have lots of things to do...now we are focusing on other social features so we are going to mark this idea as "Not right now" for now.

However we love this and we will come back to it in the future. Keep an eye on the thread and also adding comments and kudos

(the more popular the idea gets, the best!)

Thanks for your feedback! 

Comments
by Rising Star on ‎04-03-2012 05:30 PM

I would also like to be more than just a grey silhouette without having to set up a Farcebook account :(

We can already provide our Last.fm login details, in preferences, so the obvious courtesy would be for Spotify to use our profile picture from there if no Farcebook account was linked to our Spotify account. It may also be a better reflection of our musical selves, so why not have it as a further option in that section.

If we want to enable an extension that obviously needs a login (e.g. scrobbling) then fine, we expect to have to provide login details, but I don't think a Spotify user profile is something that can be considered as an optional extension in the same way. It should be something we have a huge amount of choice about, and not be coerced into taking an action we'd prefer not to in order to get a sensible looking profile.

by Whitemeadow on ‎13-03-2012 12:28 PM

Agreed! :cathappy:

by jaswai on ‎18-03-2012 02:25 PM

Well I don't have a facebook account but I do have a large online presence.

Must be simple to code up a profile picture functionality.

Otherwise - it's prejudiced against the FB resistance!

by hustle_rose on ‎21-03-2012 12:01 PM

I agree!

by VVolfsong on ‎27-03-2012 11:44 AM

I wasn't even aware that it was possible to have a profile photo until I experienced the bug where random people show up in the "this is what you're friends are listening to" list. I noticed they had photos, so then I googled around a bit and found that it is collected from your FB account.

I'm not interested in linking my FB account to my Spotify account, so please give us more options to chose from. Using the avatar from our Last.fm profiles would be a good start, though letting us upload our own would off course be even better.

by king_conquer on ‎04-04-2012 07:27 PM

I agree 100% 

by crackedhooked on ‎19-05-2012 01:41 PM

Please make this happen - support the FB resistance!

by Gold Streaming Artist on ‎19-05-2012 01:48 PM

I'm shocked that this is not implemented...

by oddshot on ‎29-06-2012 06:11 PM

Viva La Resistance!

Yes, seems silly that there is no way to put a profile photo up without InYourFaceBook as the provider, or that you can't even now a days sign up without a IYFB account... what, did all the Spotify employees buy stock?

That being said, Spotify is really an amazing service, and I am grateful they have done what they have to bring more musical options to the people, overall GOOD JOB!... but really, they could drop the FB requirments and do even that much better. 

by Robbify28 ‎05-07-2012 10:43 AM - edited ‎05-07-2012 10:44 AM

Yes, please! The ability to change your profile picture (w/o FB) would, and will, be highly appreciated. 

Announcements
Labels
Polls
I follow people on Spotify because..

Top Choice: ..they have good music taste and I want new recommendations. (65%)

Votes: 53
Votes: 98
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count