Spotify Ideas

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
COCCIDIOIDES

Playlist sorting options

by COCCIDIOIDES on ‎09-02-2012 01:04 PM - last edited on ‎07-05-2012 04:06 PM by Community Manager

I would love to be able to sort my playlists by Artists, then drill down by album so as not to clutter my Spotify. It's pretty hard to organize my playlists the current way. Any ideas on a future iteration that will enable this capability?

Hello everyone. Spotify here. While we don't have plans to offer playlist sorting options, we've launched the Your Music feature which allows you to sort through your collection by Songs, Artists and Albums. 

We know that albums by artist are not listed very well from the Artist view in Your Music. We'll be offering the option to list all albums By Artist soon which we hope offers a better view.

Check out our guide on adding songs and artists to Your Music here and please offer feedback in the comments.

Comments
by ‎09-02-2012 01:23 PM - edited ‎09-02-2012 01:31 PM

Yes sorting and so on is definitely something that must be improved. Most of the other services has a more decent way for browsing through the content available at an artist profile. Splitting up albums, eps and toplists to several tabs would be a good start, as well with a more decent filtering feature.

by Moderator on ‎09-02-2012 01:25 PM

Hey,

I personally like this. We're always looking to improve Spotify with bigger and better features so we do listen to all of the ideas we get.

Sadly, we can't get round to adding them all but we will do our best to act on the most popular requests. So, hopefully, we'll get some feedback on the idea here.

by simoon321 on ‎09-02-2012 08:02 PM

How about some "playlists in a playlist" type of thing. One playlist is named an artist and in this playlist, (or map if you will), you can add several playlists? If I like Michael Jacksson I would like to make a playlist called Michael Jackson and then add some full cds without putting all the songs together in just one playlist, get it?

by Moderator on ‎10-02-2012 06:47 AM

Simoon321 - Have you tried creating a 'Playlist folder' and naming that? You'll then be able to drag playlists into the folder. So you could have your 'Michael Jackson' folder, with your 'Bad', 'Thriller', 'Off the Wall' playlists inside.

To create a folder, just go to 'File' and 'Create Playlist Folder' in your Spotify.

Is this the sort of thing you were looking for?

by sprugman on ‎10-02-2012 04:08 PM

Folders & sub-folders are cool (never noticed those before), but it still has to be created and maintained manually. A column browser like iTunes has would solve a lot of problems.

by simoon321 on ‎10-02-2012 07:02 PM

Sam, that was exactly what I meant. Thanks.

by zedsefi on ‎14-02-2012 01:51 AM

I would be more interesting about alphabetically sorting my playlists. I have crossed 2000 playlists now and it is so painful to find a playlist (without using the search) to know where your playlist is located. Why can't it be possible to automatically sort the playlists in alphabetic order? (Something like right click on a menu then sort alphabetically or something) sheesh! It has been years and this thing has not been implemented yet! :/

by ruipelo on ‎15-02-2012 01:21 PM

I think this idea and the Favorite artist idea are trying to solve the same problem.

Spotify lacks a good way to browse through the music you have in your playlists and favorites. A simple search requires the user to remember too much himself.

by lewk on ‎15-02-2012 03:28 PM

Please implement alphabetical sorting at the least. 

It is something I have considerd lacking since day one.  I still love the service and have paid for nearly 3 years now, but it seriously needs better sorting options so that I can instantly get to an album/playlist. 

It's daft because it all has to be done manually, and android puts new playlists at the top and mac at the bottom of the list.  Just a button to organise, it can't be that difficult? 

I fail to see why all these apps and integration can be used to best effect without proper sorting options.  It really is a drag, people. 

Thanks for listening...

by dahliacreative on ‎15-02-2012 03:41 PM

I cant drab my playlist folders so they are sorted alphabeticaly due to some bug which puts them inside other folders so you should give me the option to sort them automatically either alphabetically or by date etc.

Announcements
ANNOUNCEMENTS

Ideas monthly review: September

Remember!: use SEARCH before posting. Your idea may have already been requested

Please have a look at the Community Guidelines in the welcome board.

Before posting a new idea, check out our idea submission guidelines

Want to know what happens to your ideas? "Check this out".

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count