Spotify Ideas

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
morphcore

Redesign the GUI

by morphcore on ‎20-08-2013 08:04 PM

I had too much time a while ago and did a quick mockup of what i find, would be an improvement to the spotify experience under mac os x. I didn't take a closer look at the spotify web-player nor did i study spotify on other platforms. i just scribbled down what i would like to have and what would improve spotify for me at this very moment. i don't consider this a real thought through design for a new spotify app, but i wanted to share my ideas with you. perhaps it'll start some kind of discussion/conversation, or not.

however, thanks for this brilliant service.

Full Resolution Image (JPG / 1,7MB)
Comments
by World Tour on ‎20-08-2013 08:54 PM

I really like it - great job! :)
There are definitely a lot of useful changes in there and the design looks nice too!

I will mark this idea as "Unspecified" for now, since it's unlikely it can ever be marked as 100% "implemented", but I'll leave it open for discussion. Once again - well done, I would surely use your design. ;)
by International Sensation on ‎20-08-2013 10:01 PM

Very interesting! Really hope the design team have a sit down and look at this :D

Peter

by Platinum Streaming Artist ‎21-08-2013 08:20 AM - edited ‎21-08-2013 08:24 AM

Now that looks like a nice GUI :D

Hopefully Spotify will consider updating the client with a design similar to this :)

Anthony

by WilleoSoeurs on ‎23-08-2013 06:32 AM

Love this design, the current one definitely need some changes

Kudos :)

by World Tour on ‎24-08-2013 01:22 AM

Really like it, but after checking the pictures again I have my doubts that it would work out.

Especially the browser scrolling will make things weird in case someone has a lot of playlists in the sidebar or you're on an artist page with a lot of content. I think I would be annoyed if it scrolls away my favorite playlists in the sidebar when I just wana browse a bit on an artist page. Same with the activity feed (if you want to implement it) ;D

by JesseBartlett on ‎24-08-2013 12:36 PM

really well done! 

by Festival Headliner on ‎25-08-2013 09:15 PM

YES! The current desktop client is so ugly!

by Jimmylqd on ‎27-08-2013 08:10 PM

The current GUI for Spotify is really dull and messy when I look at it, and I think people just adapted to it over time. 

I really enjoyed this redesign/concept, it has a great simplistic features to it and I think the community should let themselves be inspired. 

Kudos.

by Edrellos on ‎28-08-2013 09:43 PM

I'm a Windows 7 user, I would LOVE this new design. It's so gorgeous. :)

I hope Spotify takes it into consideration, because they really need to. 

However, they have 4 scroll bars because they need the ADs. 

That's one of the ways they pay for their music. :P

by Spotify ‎29-08-2013 01:43 PM - edited ‎29-08-2013 01:44 PM

Hello morphcore!

Wow, we are really impressed with your mock up. Great work! It looks awesome.

Like Premify mentioned, we sometimes mark ideas as "unspecified" but will keep it open for collecting feedback and letting people comment your amazing piece of art. We are working as we speak on a better way to display Spotify so you will all have news on this in the near future.  e believe it will answer a lot of the feedback that we've received regarding Spotify's UI. Hopefully you will also love it.

Thanks so much for everything and keep the ideas coming, we love that at Spotify.

Announcements
ANNOUNCEMENTS

Ideas monthly review: September

Remember!: use SEARCH before posting. Your idea may have already been requested

Please have a look at the Community Guidelines in the welcome board.

Before posting a new idea, check out our idea submission guidelines

Want to know what happens to your ideas? "Check this out".

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count