Spotify Ideas

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Pseizert

Ringtones

by Pseizert on ‎29-11-2012 04:17 PM

With the use of mobile phones as music players, it seems reasonable that new songs could be downloaded to a phone as a ringtone.  Similar to the offline mode, a ringtone could be downloaded to a phones memory. This would allow Spotify to "socialize" music whenever their phone rings as well as posting the activity to Facebook.  This could allow Spotify to ask more for a subscription (because of the new value provided through this service) and also create a new segment of file types for music in the library.  Image a new "Top List" segment for ringtones in addition to top albums, top songs, etc.  Additionally, it would allow Spotify to create leverage with music labels by exaggerating the amount that could be paid in royalties.     

From an implementation standpoint, not every song in Spotify's library should be converted to a ringtone.  Spotify could convert the most-downloaded ringtones as published by other service providers and compete with them or Spotify could create a partnership with a ringtone service provider for the files.

I want to change my ringtone to a new indie song every week... 

Comments
by Mcchammer on ‎16-10-2013 07:33 PM

Great Idea.

I thought this exact think today when i was using Spotify Mobile.

I'm not sure how possible this is, but Spotify could add a segment that alows users to pick whatever song they like as their ringtone and then "tweak" it to their preference.  By "tweak" i mean pick the section of the song they would like to hear as their ringtone.  This would allow Spotify users to pick any song they like as their ringtone and that Spotify would not need to continuously update a section of ringtones associated with Toplists.  I started this by saying I'm not sure how possible this is because it would require Spotify to gain access to the phones system settings.  If this is a possibility, Spotify really should implement this idea because I always want whatever new song I love on Spotify to be my new ringtone.

by maniacmusic on ‎27-01-2014 02:23 AM

Must be done.

by WingnutWilson on ‎04-03-2014 10:17 AM
Why is this not a thing yet?!
by skafeu on ‎15-03-2014 09:57 AM
I would love this function to aparat in premium too!
by Have Fans Will Travel on ‎08-04-2014 08:48 AM

Im thinking about this too. Lets hope theyll consider :D

by Scyzor on ‎23-04-2014 05:03 PM

I think they have already ringtones (like that one Zen Garden – Zen Ringtones & Sounds (Gentle, Soothing, Stress Reducing Tones) ) but no clue how to push them to be real ringtones on a phone.

by titobf on ‎01-06-2014 09:47 PM

Must be done. It would be a great feature!

by MooRider on ‎04-06-2014 10:49 AM

I've just been looking for it! Mogway's Hungry Face would make a great ringtone; I don't want to download a torrent now that I'm already paying Spotify for it :)

by maniacmusic on ‎06-06-2014 03:26 AM

Just wanted to let you know that I am currently developing an Android app with my team that closes the gap.

We are in early development, expect a release towards end of the year.

Unfortunally this probably won't work for iOS, nothing planned there.

by aniruddh on ‎16-08-2014 08:26 PM
And add it to alarms too, shouldn't be too difficult
Announcements
ANNOUNCEMENTS

Ideas monthly review: September

Remember!: use SEARCH before posting. Your idea may have already been requested

Please have a look at the Community Guidelines in the welcome board.

Before posting a new idea, check out our idea submission guidelines

Want to know what happens to your ideas? "Check this out".

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count