We use cookies to give you the best online experience. By using our website you agree to our use of cookies in accordance with our cookie policy.Learn more here

Close
spaced33

Shuffle Radio Stations

by spaced33 on ‎13-09-2012 02:18 PM

Hey Guys, you really need to add a shuffle radio stations option to your radio. The ability to add artists and then have the radio mix those artists is probably my most used feature in Pandora and it is a black hole in your radio functionality along with not being able to delete any radio stations you add (but that's another topic). This opens up so much more music discovery and breaks up the tedium of just listening to one genre of music play nonstop. I really like your radio for it's song choices but it's so limited right now and just seems like more work than it should be. Please take this seriously or I (and a lot of others) won't be able to do the same for your radio.

Although this idea has been suggested first, I'd like to merge it with a more popular similar idea here:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Base-an-artist-radio-station-on-more-than-one-artist/i...

Add your kudos there please - the existing kudos here will be transferred soon! ;)

Comments
by momoftom2002 on ‎06-12-2012 04:08 PM

I could not agree more! I thought for sure Spotify would have this option, but if you do, I can't find it ANYWHERE!! I agree with everything the above commenter had to say! Thanks!

by Precyze on ‎23-12-2012 05:52 AM
This is so true. And because of this I'm sticking to pandora they really need to fix this
by JulianaMZinNYC on ‎17-01-2013 10:21 PM

Well, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only out there!  I spent I-don't-know-how-long the other day trying to find the feature... It seems like such a basic feature too, doesn't it?

Anyway, please, Spotify, add a "Shuffle Radio Stations" feature.  Thanks!

Sincerely, 

Someone-who-gets-easily-bored-of-listening-to-the-same-genre-all-the-time

by adstua on ‎24-01-2013 10:14 PM

I completely agree! I am currently on a 1 month Premium trial and because this feature is lacking I will likely not continue my subscription. Can anyone from Spotify comment whether or not this feature is being considered for implementation in the future? It's a great feature that Pandora currently has. I think Spotify is excellent otherwise.

by kalpit210 ‎30-01-2013 02:05 AM - edited ‎30-01-2013 02:05 AM

Found this solution somewhere else (because I was looking for this same feature!)...  This sounds like a good work-around:

Just create a playlist with songs you like (all genres you like) and right click on that playlist, then click "Playlist Radio".

by Artofsocial on ‎02-02-2013 11:26 PM

Exactly what spaced33 said..I just quit premium pay attention guys 

by World Tour ‎15-02-2013 12:24 AM - edited ‎18-02-2013 03:12 PM
Status changed to: Duplicate Idea

Although this idea has been suggested first, I'd like to merge it with a more popular similar idea here:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Base-an-artist-radio-station-on-more-than-one-artist/i...

Add your kudos there please - the existing kudos here will be transferred soon! ;)

by Zrose on ‎13-06-2013 07:40 PM
I agree! I'm new to Spotify and so far it has not been a good experience. I cannot delete stations that I accidentally added and I can't shuffle the stations. It seems like a simple solution. Why is it taking so long to complete?
by Mr8 on ‎28-01-2014 01:01 PM

Totally agree. Pandora's library isn't as extensive, but I still use it because of the shuffle option...

by Lala0724 on ‎29-01-2014 05:28 PM

DITTO!  I'm not switching to Spotify until you can shuffle radio stations.  Otherwise, I spend WAY too much time creating my playlist and trying to figure out what I want to listen to.  That is something I don't want - or have time - to do!  Seems pretty basic to request.

Announcements
Labels
Polls
I follow people on Spotify because..

Top Choice: ..they have good music taste and I want new recommendations. (65%)

Votes: 135
Votes: 253
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count