Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Ads] Ads Filter

I know we can't pick and choose what ads to see, but at least for a teensy bit of decency (especially for people listening to spotify in a professional work environment) can we not have half naked Victoria's Secret super sexy models?

Personally, I could care less about ads. And in fact, I am a woman who shops at Victoria's Secret. Still- I just had an awkward moment with some coworkers AND my boss. I'd like very much for that not to happen again. In the very least, how about an image that isn't half the size of the window? 

I know no one's going to agree, and believe me, I'd be the last person to complain about spotify (it's awesome). But seriously, it's a bit much.

Thanks.

Updated on 2020-12-07

Hi everyone,

Thank you for adding your votes and comments to this idea, we appreciate your patience.

We're just checking in, to confirm we're keeping this set to 'good idea'.

We are working on making ads more personalized, to create better experiences for our users.

Rest assured we're continuing to bring your feedback to the right teams here too.

Comments
Spanish4Life

Here in Spain, none of ads are NSFW. Althougth, i don't think Spotift are responsible of their announcers.

mbarry

On the chance that Spotify does read this forum, I would like to add that NSFW language in the ads is also a problem.  I am a pastor who likes to use Spotify at work to listen to new praise music and it is not ok for f*** to ring out loudly from my office when an ad for new rap music comes up.

I, like the others in this forum, understand the need for ads to produce revenue and will not complain about ads as part of a free service but I feel that it is reasonable to expect those ads to be both work and child friendly if the service expects to used in homes and workplaces.

Spared

Overall Spotify seems like an awesome experience.  However, there are often ads that I do not appreciate while listening at home.  I have 4 young children and it's fun to make lists for them, but even those lists receive ads for the latest Def Jam with some disgruntled cursing to advertise the latest hip hop hit.  My kids remember the ads - so let's exercise some discretion.  

licenced
muellerlevi

Hi Spottily and Spotify Users...I love spotify and have two small kids that love music....we listen to everything from "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" to Frederic Chopin's Nocturne for Piano no. 7 together. I have had four or five instances when listening with my kids that an ad comes on with a song with explicit/ or non family friendly lyrics or an ad pops up displaying an images that I do not want my kids to see. Wish I would have taken screen shots (I can later). Is there any way that you could make a family friendly filter for ads for us family guys! Please!

thanks!

kquinlen

Also, ads for Bacardi would be fine in most places, but not in a classroom of 4th graders.  Spotify is such an amazing tool for teachers, but not if we are selling our kids rum.  Smiley Frustrated

t0rpedo

Just had the new durex condoms ad pop up during my classical listening session. Lucky for me I worked out of the home office today. I can't imagine what would have happened if my computer started blaring facts about sex to my co-workers. Albeit I also don't want it in my home, but the damage would have been much worse at the office. Switching to pandora for the time being. It's just not worth the risk anymore.

no-name

I'm not sure how long this post has been up but spotify has added Condom ads now... please go under the off topic area and go under the post upset and show your support so we can get rid of ads like this!

fpo

I agree! Just came on here to see if there was a discussion about this. My small daughters were just treated to a Durex ad while listening to the Annie soundtrack. 

I am all for open dialogue about sex with my children, but I'd like it to be on my terms, not because we were taken off guard by a condom commercial. 

And I echo the words of the others when I say I understand that ads are necessary, I just don't understand why they must be ads that are inappropriate in so many settings.

Makhaon

NSFW ads are completely inappropriate. I'm tired of getting of them. We should have an option to not hear these types of ads.