Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect For Desktop App

To add the Spotify Connect feature to the desktop application, so it's possible to remote control desktop Spotify from a phone.

[Mod edit - clarified idea and removed second idea in post. If you'd like DLNA support in Spotify, please head here.]

2014/10/09

Hi guys,

I think the next update will have connect feature.

Meanwhile you can download the beta version here: http://download.spotify.com/beta/spotify_installer-1.0.0.477.g16adf20f-2921.exe

PC-VERSION.

You can find in the web MAC-VERSION.

Thank you all.
I love you all.

dalevich.

2014-11-14

We are thrilled to say this very popular idea is now implemented!

We’ve just released a great new Premium feature, which lets you play Spotify through your computer, using your phone or tablet as a remote. You can read more about Connect for computers here or check out the video below:

Comments
sbkg0002

ANY news regarding this? Come on!

inzilla

Hi there,
I hope that I can use my Windows desktop with Android Phone via connect control. It is pointless for me to control an Android Phone with the other Android Phone. A high-quality playback can only be achieved with high-quality equipment, so I preferred to use desktop, because that is digitally connected to the hifi equipment Best achievable quality is important to me.

EditThe answer to my problem is simple. I got myself an Android mini PC. 

http://www.ebay.de/itm/201077060143?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT 

This connected to my Hifi equipment via SPDIF. Now I have Spotify in top quality and can it via Connect with Tablet and Phone taxes.

stuomol

Spotify,

If it is about your hardware partners, don't worry. Nobody with good hifi will go and buy one of these hardware partner devices just because of Spotify Connect. It is a different target group, so nobody will lose business. You can enable the connect so that desktops can be remote controlled. Feel free to enable it only one way: it is quite pointless to remote control a mobile device.

If it is about record studios and not wanting to release everything for mobile listening, don't worry. It is not mobile listening, if it is playing from a desktop.

So, please, just enable it. If you have to, enable it only one way (mobile device = remote control, desktop = playback). You have nothing to worry or negotiate with your business partners, because nobody will lose any business.

pete86

This is a much needed feature. There have been a few third party apps that tried to do this and none worked very well. 

Lindan

Yes, really want this!

matsuken

Have been waiting for this a loong time now.... Once implemented the value of Spotify in the HIFI community will increase.

ModestMase

This feature is absolutely essential.  If we can't have proper Chromecast implimentation, then I believe this is essential.  It would be so much easier to just leave my computer's Spotify client up, which are already connected to my good speakers.  Never having to walk over to my computer to change a song while I'm hosting a party, cooking dinner, doing work away from my computer.  The advantages are overwhelming, which is why I know you fine folks will make this possible in the near future.  So thanks in advance!

johny

I bought premium because I thought the connect will operate with desktop app
And now I found this page. It's August, reported in February
Why is it still not working.?

effexts

Same here... just bought premium for the connect feature, and isn't enabled on desktop app...

It's pointless to control a phone with another phone!

MattSuda

Hey guys! Connect will be added to the desktop in a future update. When connect was first announced last year, it was first added to the mobile apps and the developers plan on bringing it to the desktop in the near future.

Keep checking back for updates.