Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect For Desktop App

To add the Spotify Connect feature to the desktop application, so it's possible to remote control desktop Spotify from a phone.

[Mod edit - clarified idea and removed second idea in post. If you'd like DLNA support in Spotify, please head here.]

2014/10/09

Hi guys,

I think the next update will have connect feature.

Meanwhile you can download the beta version here: http://download.spotify.com/beta/spotify_installer-1.0.0.477.g16adf20f-2921.exe

PC-VERSION.

You can find in the web MAC-VERSION.

Thank you all.
I love you all.

dalevich.

2014-11-14

We are thrilled to say this very popular idea is now implemented!

We’ve just released a great new Premium feature, which lets you play Spotify through your computer, using your phone or tablet as a remote. You can read more about Connect for computers here or check out the video below:

Comments
barisko

Hi Spotify!

I see a few ideas being marked as duplicates of this idea, for example:

Let Spotify Desktop App control your HiFi Receiver having Spotify Connect support

Spotify Connect on Desktop

Spotify Connect Server on Desktop

Control device from spotify gui on mac / pc

Except that these ideas all suggest that the desktop application is used to control phones/tables/receivers (and visa versa) while this idea only suggests "to remote control desktop Spotify from a phone".

So these ideas are not duplicates. Could you please change the description of this idea that both are mentioned? A two way Spotify Connect where the phone/tablet can control the desktop and the desktop can control the phone/tablet/receiver.

nilsnyberg

With the latest version of spotify on my mac it now shows up on the spotify connect list on my android phone and I can now controll it from my phone! Awesome 😄

Only waiting for a update to let me controll my pioneer receiver with connect on from my mac now!

hejbanan

Nils: can I have your .exe file? 😄

No but seriously....Im re-installing Spotify on a daily basis in hope that I will get the version that supports this....but no luck so far.

Your name states you are from Sweden, as I am...

Is it totally random who gets this version? 

Im frustrated.

Nicolshtra
I find it useful when ipad is hooked to my hifi via dac. I can then be anywhere in the house and control it from my phone. I'd rather be able to use it to control the desktop app (on xp in my case) so it frees up the tablet. Hurry up please dear Spotify developers and deliver this feature to your musice lovers!
miza

Any idea when this feature will be available in linux client?

luzer

I agree with user jschall1 
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Spotify-Connect-For-Desktop-App/idc-p/914487#M58384

I too have the Gramofon device and wishes that the desktop version has Connect feature to play out to the Gramofon device.

Please make this possible!

hokkos

It makes no sense that desktop app can't use connect mode, this should be your priority.

rept

barisko is correct.  Personally I only need to play music from desktop to spotify connect speakers.  The other use case is far less valuable for me...  Please change description so it supports both, otherwise I need to retract my vote for this one.

matsuken

Howcome Spotify silently release this development to only some customers?

I feel a bit stupid to say this as a paying customer but please, may I have it too?

Chemswede

While I like the new connect feature I have an issue...

I got in the car this morning and hit "play" on my bluetooth radio.  Instead of the music starting to play on my phone through my car's speakers like it used to... I got silence.  I then realized that because I leave the program running (but music stopped) on my PC back in the house that it had started playing the music on my PC back in the house at 6am at near full volume and woke everyone up.

I like the idea of connect, but it needs an option to disable connect or at least a setting to select of which device to start playing on when you hit play like this.

As additional details spotify was not actively running on the phone before I hit play on the bluetooth, my lock screen was not showing a paused album cover, so this was not me not paying attention to the state of spotify on my phone.