Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify In Canada

I would LOVE to see spotify in Canada, I have been using it via VPN, but sadly can't subscribe to it via credit card cause i'm under a canadian address, I know a bunch of people here would love to have access to Spotify!

2014-10-01

Hello Canada. Spotify here. 

This week Canada become the fifty-eighth member of the Spotify family. From Vancouver to Montreal to St. John’s and everywhere in between, fans have immediate access to over 20 million songs at your fingertips

And a special occasion deserves a special playlist, O Canada!

Comments
JMills626

I have a e-penpal in canada, and we'd love to be able to share music via spotify. 

linusovans

I'm living in the UK now but will be going back to Canada in a few months. I love spotify and have a premium account here. I will be so sad to lose all my playlists. Please Spotify, come to Canada! I'm sure lots of people would subscribe to your awesome service!

digirolomo
Please travel with me next time... It sucks giving you up every time I travel back to Canada from the US... Being dual and all.
teedup

Came back to Canada for a bit and Spotify won't let me listen.

Sure I can get around it with a proxy but do I really have to?

I guess Canada just doesn't rate. 

We share the same queen you know...

I am still on the fence about buying Premium. Can anyone confirm it allows you to listen in Canada?

Liam
Status changed to: Up for Votes
Only ideas with 40+ kudos should have the good idea status.
Helvetios

Absolutely! There is such a massive rift in available online entertainment, between Canada, and the States.

I recently migrated to Canada, and i was So in love with Spotify, i hated not having my music available to me anymore.

Spotify would be a huge hit up north. Please, please, please consider! (We don't even have online radio stations like Pandora, or anything!)

When things like spotify aren't available, people will turn to illegal downloads.

And when that happens, the artist no longer benefits.

But, it's all they can do.

arthursh3n

I have tried almost EVERY music streaming service out there (Rdio, Deezer, Music Unlimited, Slacker, Pandora, Rara, Grooveshark.... you name it)  and found that Spotify is the best among all of them. Come to Canada so we can all enjoy the best music service in the world!

hans-jürgen

"(We don't even have online radio stations like Pandora, or anything!)"

Well, www.last.fm with its radio streaming is available in Canada, too (3 $ per month subscription for personalized radio listening in the web player, scrobbler software or mobile phone apps). But I'm adding my kudo now, so this idea has 40 kudos and is a good idea again. 😉

Snakkasnau

Just so everybody knows that are going on vacation in Canada from Europe/US, if you have a premium account it is fully usable without any need for proxies or anything.

That said however, Canadians I know here would love this service! 

ianlocke

I moved home from living in Australia, left a little bit of money in my Aussie account to have access until it would become available in Canada... since it still isn't here yet I've been without it for months now... its been terrible. Whats the hold up?