Spotify Ideas

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
pixelpusher

Spotify Mini Player Concept

by pixelpusher ‎11-05-2012 12:56 PM - edited ‎17-02-2014 04:43 PM

Update 17/2/14 - Almost 2 years ago I submitted this idea, and in the last few weeks, the number of Kudos email notifcations I receive daily is getting even more frequent. Thanks to everyone who keep's voting it up, I didn't think it would get 10 votes let alone over 1,000! Clearly it's popular but not as straight forward to develop hence the 'Not Right Now' status from Spotify, but keep the voting! The most rated ideas are getting developed and it's just a matter of time before this one does too. 

Thanks!

------------------

I'd like to see a miniplayer and mini controls for Spotify that could sit in the taskbar (Windows and Mac!)

The idea came about, after I kept maximising and minimising Spotify just to see my play queue and sometimes jump down a few . This is my solution making it a less obtrusive way of seeing what's coming up and track jumping. 

SpotifyMiniPlayer_V3.jpg

Hello folks! Sorry for the delay on updating this idea...we have lots of them coming in every day..:(

We have discussed this with our Design Team, we have always loved this concept and we want to implement it. We know the mini player is being displayed in other services, we also will since it is a really great feature.

At the moment, we are going to mark it as "Not right now", check the thread out since we will come back to this in the future.

Thanks a lot for your feedback and contribution, you guys rock!

Comments
by fireinthesky7 on ‎07-03-2012 07:16 PM

A miniature mode similar to that of iTunes, where Spotify is minimized into a mini-window with only track information, playback, and volume controls. The ability to overlay the mini player on other windows would be ideal as well.

by ljdelussanet on ‎15-03-2012 11:02 AM

Really like this idea. Especially with small '13' inch laptop screens its nice to have a mini player somewhere in the corner. Furthermore, this miniplayer should have the option to 'always on top'.

by gurra4ever on ‎20-03-2012 02:14 PM

Would really love that too, so annoying to alt + tab to get Spotify up would love to have a little bar In-Game so I can choose from  there. There might be one existing in the options, I don't know. :)

by peaky on ‎29-03-2012 11:01 AM

Superb idea... come on Spotify this should be standard functionality within the app! This option is available on all media apps i've used before, iTunes, WMP, WinAMP, RealPlayer etc...!

by Panza on ‎04-04-2012 11:16 AM

Hi,

it would be cool if you could make a mini player where I can see, despite randommusic playback which song was before, and which two songs comes next.

by dennyelvis on ‎05-04-2012 04:09 PM

Any news on a mini player ?

by Trey_Hoser on ‎27-04-2012 08:29 AM

Im just now using this amazing application however I was severely depressed when I couldn't find a Mini player like with my iTunes.

It would be an awesome addition to an awesome app.  

by Kthomps on ‎02-05-2012 06:55 AM

I was just thinking that Spotify should have a mini-player for computers. One that doesn't take up much space on a computer screen. It has just the necessities and can be expand of course. 

by on ‎02-05-2012 07:01 AM

Why a different player? Why not just add an option to change the view like in Windows Media Player? A "skin" like addon. One could change a skin to Spotify to only have limited functions / panels open.

by Award Winning Artist on ‎11-05-2012 08:28 PM

I approved your image some hour ago. Thank you for sharing.

Announcements
ANNOUNCEMENTS

Ideas monthly review: September

Remember!: use SEARCH before posting. Your idea may have already been requested

Please have a look at the Community Guidelines in the welcome board.

Before posting a new idea, check out our idea submission guidelines

Want to know what happens to your ideas? "Check this out".

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count