Close
bdub

Spotify for Games Consoles

by bdub on ‎10-02-2012 01:49 PM - last edited on ‎08-06-2012 03:01 PM by Spotify

This of course could be referenced to PS3 and Wii as well, but as a primarily 360 user I'm biased ;) I'm hoping that something is in the works to bring Spotify to 360. Being that so many people have their gaming consoles setup through their home audio, it would really up the ante on the sound experience. As a premium user I use Spotify all the time but my living room is begging for it!

Heres to hopin!

Hello folks! I just changed this idea status to "Good Idea". This is a very good one and we all would love to see Spotify for games consoles :)

Ideally, Spotify would be available on all platforms. Not just mobile or television devices, but games consoles. While we can't comment on any potential partnerships, we can say we think this is a great idea. Oftentimes, partnerships take a long time to sort out, even if both parties are interested. In the meantime, please watch this space for updates.

Thank you all for your contribution, you all make this place better :)

Comments
by Spotify on ‎10-02-2012 04:28 PM

I would imagine something like this would work in a similar way Spotify does on things like Boxee Box or the Western Digital system. The controller would work in a bit of a quicker fashion than a remote control I would guess - although searching on things on an XBox can take a while when typing stuff in, generally I find it to be fairly fluid. I'll be sure to pop this idea along.

by neocreo on ‎15-02-2012 03:34 PM

I have also seen the Boxee version of Spotify and came away fairly impressed. Question is who is the biggest tupp-blocker - Microsoft or Spotify rightsholders lawyers.

Similar services are available in the states and the uk for the Xbox. The music service on the xbox currently available could really use some competition, as it really sucks.

I would also like to volunteer my services and test this kind of app if needed. :)

by mrbillywhite on ‎15-02-2012 03:54 PM

This would work awesome with the Wii U when that's released later this year. You could use the touch screen controller to queue songs that play on the TV, or use it as a portable speaker system.

by Lightspeed on ‎15-02-2012 04:38 PM

I'm one of those who use the PS3 as my primary (only!) media center. It works well with my NAS and supports DLNA.However, it lacks my favourite music service: Spotify. A Spotify App in the PS3 would be the most awesome thing since sliced bread!

I realise that the challenge in making this feature happen is more about politics, distribution rights and negotiations with Sony than about tech development. Still, I'm one of your users who'd really appreciate the effort!

by Joshua on ‎15-02-2012 05:26 PM

I would love to have a Spotify app for the PS3 but I doubt it will ever happen.. 

by rxmohinder on ‎15-02-2012 06:33 PM

I have both a PS3 and a Sony Google TV, would be very helpful to have an app for one or either.  Problem is that Sony's got their own music service trying to compete with Spotify.

by Factor3x on ‎16-02-2012 10:09 PM - last edited on ‎15-05-2012 04:21 PM by Spotify

Now a days everything is an app. for a phone or tablet. The newest piece of hand held genious is the Playstation Vita. It is a little hand held demon and holds up a huge fight with the hand held indastry. Is it possible that sometime in the future you can make an app. that will be comptable with the new PS Vita? This would help better  populise Spotify because you would be the only music App on the PSV.

by Community Manager on ‎17-02-2012 12:39 AM
by CreativeTux on ‎17-02-2012 12:39 AM

It would be awesome to have Spotify on Xbox, we have a last.fm client but it would be ACE to have it on the Xbox.  Especially if people like myself have their xbox connected to a large TV and a kicking stereo system in their lounge.

by BigTA on ‎18-02-2012 10:50 AM

I doubt it as Sony had their own MoD service, Music Unlimited / Qriocity. It depends if Sony are going to go all Apple and not allow any competitor onto their device.

Announcements
Labels
Polls
I follow people on Spotify because..

Top Choice: ..they have good music taste and I want new recommendations. (64%)

Votes: 74
Votes: 129
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count