Spotify Ideas

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
shadumdum

Spotify should accept bitcoin

by shadumdum on ‎05-03-2013 01:22 AM

Bitcoin is something that has really started to come out into the open a little more just recently. So far, there are many companies that are accepting bitcoin for online purchases or subscriptions. Reddit is officially taking bitcoin as payment for reddit gold, and Mega, owned by Kim Dotcom, has recently started to accept bitcoin for it's data storage service. I understand that bitcoin is still a fairly small thing at this point, but the implementation of that into a service like spotify seems to be a perfect match. From everything that I have heard, bitcoin implementation is not that complicated, and I think this would make it very easy for many people to pay for the premium accounts!

reddit.com/r/bitcoin is a good place to start for the questions of "what is bitcoin?" They have a lot of links on the side bar that are very informative. 

At the moment, we don't have plans to offer Bitcoin as a payment solution. However, speaking more generally, we know the recurring payment model is limiting to some users and we're currently investigating other options. We'll update everyone as soon as we have more information.

Comments
by World Tour on ‎05-03-2013 01:27 AM
Status changed to: New Idea

by Gdude007 on ‎05-03-2013 01:41 AM

+1

Great idea! I hate to give out credit card details online and I would be much more likely to signup for Premium if Bitcoins were accepted.

by nagdude on ‎05-03-2013 01:52 AM
+1 would love to see this. I'd buy an extra premium subscription for my cat if that happened...
by WillieSmothers on ‎05-03-2013 02:05 AM

I'd go premium if I could pay in bitcoins. 

by swine on ‎05-03-2013 04:36 AM

If Bitcoin was a payment option, I'd buy a premium subscription in a heartbeat, and I'd send some Bitcoins to my friends so they could too.

by kuenx on ‎05-03-2013 09:57 AM

Bitcoin would also benefit Spotify. Less administrative headache and since the risk of charge-back fraud is non-existent, they could even reduce the price a bit and offer anonymous accounts.

by tudorizer on ‎05-03-2013 01:17 PM

+1 on this. I might even go Premium in this case.

by Award Winning Artist on ‎05-03-2013 04:55 PM

The only issue is the fact the exchange rate for bitcoin is always changing :P

by giowck on ‎05-03-2013 05:48 PM

Look how easly it is to integrate: https://bitpay.com/

+1

by Bromista on ‎06-03-2013 04:11 AM
I have $50 of bitcoins just sitting around that I'm not doing anything with.
Announcements
ANNOUNCEMENTS

Ideas monthly review: September

Remember!: use SEARCH before posting. Your idea may have already been requested

Please have a look at the Community Guidelines in the welcome board.

Before posting a new idea, check out our idea submission guidelines

Want to know what happens to your ideas? "Check this out".

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count