Spotify Ideas

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
timiambeing

Way to notify Spotify of incorrect metadata from Desktop App

by on ‎13-02-2012 01:40 PM - last edited on ‎25-02-2013 02:02 PM by Spotify

There should be a link on every track/album to easily notify Spotify of incorrect metadata such as incorrect artist, track name, album art etc.

Hello folks!

We are going to change this status to "Not Right Now" even though we have a "way to report incorrect metadata" which we have improved both internally and externally

But, since most of users here are requesting for a way to report it straight from the desktop app, we can't mark as "implemented" for now….as timiambeing very well said "Spotify don't have access to all the metadata (..), so even when we do have an efficient way to notify them of incorrect artists names, album names, track names and cover art, that information will still need to be forwarded on to where the data is actually stored and distributed"

Hopefully, we will implement it in the desktop but for now, we have to keep using the contact form which, as I said, has also been improved and, as mentioned, we have a more efficient internal process now so we will try and get as many content errors fixed as we can. 

1. Go to our contact form

Step1: "Give Spotify feedback about something"

Screen Shot 2013-02-25 at 2.55.12 PM.png

Step 2: "Report broken songs" or "Report innacurate song information"

Screen Shot 2013-02-25 at 2.55.20 PM.png

Step 3: Send question!

Screen Shot 2013-02-25 at 3.00.34 PM.png

The team will take care of your feedback and fix it as soon as possible. 

Thanks for much for your comments and votes on this idea! You all make us improve our service...

;)

Comments
by Award Winning Artist on ‎13-02-2012 02:04 PM

I agree this! Meta-data reporting system will be good.

by Moderator on ‎13-02-2012 02:33 PM

I like this. Are you thinking of a similar system to reporting broken content?

by Award Winning Artist on ‎13-02-2012 02:40 PM

Yes. Report bad song or metadata option.

by TylerDurden on ‎14-02-2012 02:54 PM

I was just about to post this!  There are SO many errors in the Spotify library.  It it far too complicated to report them as it is.  I should be able to click on a link beside each song and album as suggested and report it quickly and easily.  The Spotify team would have a flood of reports and the library would be far more accurate.

by d3p1 on ‎15-02-2012 01:10 PM

100% behind this suggestion. Spotify should utilise it's vast user-base - not many errors would remain unreported.

by Community Manager on ‎15-02-2012 01:45 PM
Status changed to: Under Consideration

by eliot33 on ‎16-02-2012 08:23 AM

It is my main problem with the otherwize amazing Spotify. The Library has to be accurate, and if this is the way to do it  then so be it. I just want a way to get over the problem of albums being displayed wrongly in the library, often random tracks are orphaned from the rest of the album and given their own album beneath. I'm assuming this is due to innaccuracies in metadata somewhere. At least in iTunes I could work it out and fix it. In Spotify it seems to be not as easy or as effective.

Lets hope this gets better soon!

by Oddasatan on ‎16-02-2012 10:38 AM

Maybe a bit off topic, but I'd like to use this notification tool to report popping/glitching in tracks.

by Spotify ‎17-02-2012 03:28 PM - edited ‎07-03-2012 05:19 PM

In terms of albums being listed under the wrong artist, we are request reports of that here.

The album may be by a different artist that has a similar name, or it may simply by attributed to the wrong artist.

However, in terms other busted metadata (wrong track names, albums with the tracklisting in the wrong order) or broken tracks, the best way to report that would be to send it over to us via our contact form.

by NastyNanna on ‎18-02-2012 04:05 PM

Yes yes yes! 

I've been getting really fed up with Spotify's response to wrong artists and what not. There are MANY threads describing several corrections, and yet nothing has been done the last year. Another thing, why do they have artists that have none of their songs?

PLEASE spotify, fix this!

Announcements
ANNOUNCEMENTS

Ideas monthly review: September

Remember!: use SEARCH before posting. Your idea may have already been requested

Please have a look at the Community Guidelines in the welcome board.

Before posting a new idea, check out our idea submission guidelines

Want to know what happens to your ideas? "Check this out".

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count