Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Notify Spotify of incorrect metadata or broken tracks from Desktop App

There should be a link on every track/album to easily notify Spotify of incorrect metadata such as incorrect artist, track name, album art etc.

Updated on 2018-02-28

Hey folks! We're excited to confirm that Line-In can now be used by any Spotify user. 

Line-In is a tool that allows our most trusted fans and music lovers (like you) to suggest edits to the information we have about artists, albums, and songs on Spotify. This will help improve, extend, and confirm the data describing music - which will in turn help us improve experiences for Spotify Users and the Artists creating the music on Spotify.

You can find the tool by clicking in the three dots next to an Artist, Album, or Song and selecting Suggest an Edit.

Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 3.12.06 PM.png

You can learn more about how to use the Line-In tool right here. If you have any question about the tool, just post them in the Line-In Community board here.

Comments
aceckert

I agree with this. I looked on the site because I am getting annoyed with all bands with the same name being lumped together, even though the biography is for whoever the biggest band is. A good example is Genesis.

trevinavery

What if there was an integration of outside databases to help compare and prevent this sort of thing? How about using iTunes, Google Play Music, Wikipedia, and any other reputable source on the internet to automatically compare. Especially show conflictions to the user who is uploading the music and let them choose what is correct.

nemof

This, a hundred times this.

Ideally tagging should be crowd-sourced, ala wikipedia, perhaps with moderation to prevent abuse. It's deeply irritating when a) an artists albums aren't all listed under the correct name and b) some of them just don't show up though you know they exist (which is a slightly different issue).

alextauras

I see quite a lot of incorrect artists/album covers. Help us help you. This shouldn't be that hard to do. (Why not just have Spotify use cdcovers.cc or some other online database to automatically get the right art anyway?).

Rocio
Status changed to: Watch this space

Hello folks!

We are happy to announce that this is going to be fixed very soon and we will have a way to report all this incorrect metadata 😉

Check this thread out for next update.

Thanks for your feedback.

movezerb

On the same idea, I guess someone already mentioned it but it seems very important to me that several artists/bands with similar (or same) names doesn't display on the same page, especially when the bio on top of the page matches one particular band.

Here's an example:Untitled-1.jpg

When I go to Lamb's page, I want it to be only for one band, not for any band named Lamb on earth. There should be some kind of menu with a list of different bands we'd access once the band's name typed, to see what bands could match and choose from there which is the one we're interested in.

Keyser

Still no fix to this? 😄

How hard can it be.

I have seen lots of errors that im happy to report, but you dont have a reporty system, ffs common you have been in business for years.

MPT

The recent biography updates have caused a few errors. Like Too $hort's biography.

It has moved to Too short which is the wrong name and should be merged with Too $hort with the dollar sign, which is the correct spelling.

Another example of this is UGK (Underground Kingz). The correct artist page is simply UGK so this one is the correct move but all the song and albums under "UGK (Underground Kingz)" should be moved to simply UGK.

And this album called No One Can Do It Better should be moved to The D.O.C. rather than where it is currently.

Other double-pages are Ice T and Ice-T. N.W.A. should have the dot in the end removed from it, all the content from this Public Enemy page except that "Englands Glory" album should be moved to the real Public Enemy page. This entire page also needs to be moved into Bone Thugs-n-Harmony.

All these double pages that separate the work of one artist are pretty annoying and need fixing.

gordielachance

I think you should collaborate with http://musicbrainz.org/ on this.

They have a very efficient way to tag songs.

Let's talk about a song called "Not Afraid, part 2", from artists "Mister Modo & Ugly Mac Beer", on the album "Modonut".

Here in Spotify, I have : 

-Artist is set as "Modonut" (which is the album name)

-Album name is set to "Mister Modo & Ugly Mac Beer"  (which are the artists)

-Title is set to "Not afraid part 2 (Feat. Jessica Fitoussi)" :

1/ the real name is "Not afraid, part 2"

2/There is a featuring on this song (Jessica Fitoussi).  This should not be set in the title but in the artist.

Well, What I want to say is that Musicbrainz as developped a whole style to set up correct meta datas.  You should check or collaborate with them to make all this better 🙂

Anyway, I love Spotify !

gordielachance

"Not Afraid, Part 2"

"Mister Modo & Ugly Mac Beer feat. Jessica Fitoussi"

http://musicbrainz.org/release/49628096-5b87-4ab5-8af5-f710695140dd