sEbbo

Windows 8 Metro App

by sEbbo on ‎19-02-2012 03:12 PM

Windows 8 Consumer Preview is going to be released in February 29th. Will you at Spotify have your app ready for download until then do we have to wait until Windows 8 is released?

Comments
by dfdf on ‎13-12-2012 01:05 PM

Where is the win8 app? This is bad. At least make some official announcement that at least you're working on it! Give us some feedback!

by dDoffen on ‎13-12-2012 02:47 PM

Spotify would rather serve a userbase of 10 million than a userbase of 40+ millon. No wonder you're not doing so well.

by xamlgeek on ‎14-12-2012 12:04 AM

It's a shame to see that Spotify still isn't available for Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8. I understand that they probably have a big backlog and can't have apps of this size available in just a few weeks.

However Windows 8 have been available for some months now and we haven't anything from Spotify about a realistic release date. The result is obvious - users cancel their subscriptions and find another musicplayer. Just check out the forums and the comments in this thread - users have an excellent alternative in Xbox music.

A few weeks back my team and I decided to take a radical step - we offered Spotify to do the Windows 8 app - for free. We have developed our share of apps for the Windows Store; 20+ apps ranging from video-on-demand apps to homebanking apps.

We still haven't heard anything from Spotify.

http://xamlgeek.net/2012/12/14/spotify-we-will-do-your-windows-store-app-for-free/

by World Tour on ‎14-12-2012 12:32 AM

You guys sure deserve a Win 8 app and hope it's coming soon for you!

But Spotify ain't the only big company that's not in a hurry to build win 8 apps - I've just read this article today about Google.

by JensC on ‎14-12-2012 01:51 PM
by bigrubberduckie on ‎17-12-2012 03:02 PM

Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in here as well.  Picked up the Nokia lumia 920 on launch day here in the US (moved away from the iPhone) and have tried the Xbox Music service.  I don't think it holds a candle to the ease/synchronization of spotify, but until there is a WP8 app, it does not make sense to continue my premium subsciption... :(  

by aras87 on ‎18-12-2012 07:23 PM

When are we getting the spotify app for Win 8 modern UI and Windows phone 8 ? I'm really holding myself from switching to xbox music but cannot hold any longer.

by turtles on ‎18-12-2012 08:46 PM

Still waiting, and it's getting real tiring real quick to not have any sort of response. Not even a "we hear you, coming soon"?

by magicrobots on ‎18-12-2012 09:43 PM

Another Spotify user who left iPhone for Windows Phone, and also has a Surface RT on which I would LOVE to see Spotify running.  XBox Music is terrible, but it's what I'm using and paying for until Spotify comes back.

Please let us know what the status is on this project even if it's "Windows RT is not a priority for us".

by idvorkin on ‎22-12-2012 05:08 AM

I'm a paying customer, have been for years.  I love spotify, but not being able to use it on windows is becoming a showstopper. Please let us know what the status is on this project even if it's "Windows RT is not a priority for us".

Announcements
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count