Spotify Ideas

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
kasperh

Description for playlists

by kasperh on ‎28-02-2012 12:02 PM

Could you please add the possibility to have a description for playlists. It would be nice to be able to add some text about a playlist that you published or some information about a collabrotive palylist.

Hello there,

This is now "Under Consideration"! We passed the idea along and the design team is now considering it..

Check this thread out for next updates.

Thanks for the feedback, you definitely make Spotify better with it ;)

Comments
by ErikAndren on ‎10-02-2012 03:07 PM

I share a lot of playlists with friends and would love to be able to comment them so that all that co-share the same list can see it.

by Spotify on ‎11-02-2012 12:34 PM

At the most advanced, I imagine some sort of "Soundcloud"-esque commenting system - although commenting at specific times in tracks might be going a little too far.

But it would be nice to add a little comment here and there about our playlists and so on - For example, if a budding DJ shared a example playlist with a friend to see what they thought, he could leave notes as he listens directly on the playlist, rather than going through another communication channel. Yes, I'll pass this onto our top men. 

by djbyron on ‎15-02-2012 04:12 PM

YES! Threaded comments are needed throughout the Spotify ecosystem.  I agree playlists and tracks, but first i would say to the "inbox"!  Someone sends me a track with a comment and there's no way to reply to what was sent to me.

by on ‎28-02-2012 01:55 PM

I hope it will be included in a update to Spotify later. Currently only brands is able to add texts and images to their playlists, and this can only be done by a special 'marketing' team within spotify.

by Award Winning Artist on ‎28-02-2012 07:06 PM

At least ability to add plain text!

by mikeguimond on ‎29-02-2012 12:29 AM

Completely agree !

Searching google lead me to this:

http://www.spotifylist.com

but it doesn't work.

by Ricklh on ‎08-03-2012 09:21 PM

When you create a personal playlist that will be viewed and shared by others, I'd like to be able to have the playlist description appear at the top, just under the playlist title, such as "A mix of classic rock, deep tracks, new music". 

by hottjoj on ‎06-04-2012 07:24 PM

I think you should ba able to write an description to your playlist

by deusdiabolus on ‎05-05-2012 06:07 PM

I would really love to see this feature as well...please?

by Boomtown on ‎22-05-2012 04:46 PM

Almost everytime I create a playlist, I lack the possibility to create a comment about the playlist itself. 

For example, I have an "Ultimate Queen"-list with my favourite songs, not always the biggest hits, but the really great ones. Above the playlist, under the Share/Radio buttons, is an empty space that would be just perfect. Some words about the collection like "Don't miss this song / number six is a brilliant b-side / remember these from last summer?" and so on. 

That would be brilliant! :) 

Announcements
ANNOUNCEMENTS

Ideas monthly review: September

Remember!: use SEARCH before posting. Your idea may have already been requested

Please have a look at the Community Guidelines in the welcome board.

Before posting a new idea, check out our idea submission guidelines

Want to know what happens to your ideas? "Check this out".

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count