Spotify Ideas

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
ddol

Android level ducking - OnAudioFocusChangeListener()

by ddol on ‎17-09-2012 07:17 PM

Apps like Soundcloud will lower the volume when a notification or GPS voice direction is played (known as ducking). Spotify still pauses the track. This is much more distracting, particularly when driving.

This Android feature is documented in the Android API.

2014-06-26

This request was implemented in the Android app update 1.0.1. If you have any other comments/ feedback please post them here or create a new Idea in this board. Thanks everyone!

Comments
by Award Winning Artist ‎17-09-2012 08:02 PM - edited ‎19-12-2013 05:51 PM

Agreed, now that the support is there...

Maybe we'll see it soon, now the app is getitng better and better!

Liam

by EstrogenO on ‎18-09-2012 02:34 AM

Thirded - please change this.

by Brent212 on ‎18-09-2012 03:13 PM

I prefer that it pauses. I don't like to miss any part of the song when a notification or phone call comes in. It'd be nice if it unpauses after.

They should add in ducking, but include an option to have it pause instead.

by mfa298 on ‎24-09-2012 03:48 PM

Agreed this would be a good feature.

Ideally it might best if it's possible to choose what happens for certain types of notifications.Personally I'd like it to reduce volume on some actions (sms, navigation etc) but pause on others (incomming phone call)

by Sauce89 on ‎31-12-2012 12:57 AM
This is a great idea, I love the ducking in the Google Music app, now Spotify seems inferior. :(
by 89kraus on ‎15-02-2013 03:08 PM

Absolutely agree.  I just moved from iOS to Andriod and the ducking feature is something I really miss.  Especially when driving thru a city and the instructions can come very fast it gets quite anoying having the song paused 3-4 times for directions. 

As the previous poster said, Google Play Music Player does include this feature (at least on my Nexus 4), but I use Spotify as my main music player, so I really hope Spotify will add this soon. 

by jonaskuh on ‎04-04-2013 12:07 AM

Not having the ducking feature is terribly annoying. I love Spotify, but prefer Pandora simply because of this one feature not being there.

by calle_s on ‎01-07-2013 07:09 PM

Please be a well behaved app and honor ducking, it should be a no brainer for spotifys topnotch developers.

by efj on ‎06-07-2013 09:39 AM

This doesn't seem too complicated to change ... and it would be deeply appreciated if you included this in your next release =)

Just switched from iOS to Android, and music being paused because of a notification is quite ... rude ...

Lowering the volume during it, then taking it back to its original state (just like in iOS) would be topnotch.

Thanks!

by youradds on ‎16-07-2013 01:18 PM

Totally with you on this feature request... its driving me up the wall! Almost, to the point of just saying "sod it" and replacing Spotify on my phone!!!!

Using a SatNav screws up the whole music experience (cutting in and out all the time, with every notification). I don't wanna disable notifications in the SatNav, as that would then mean I miss instructions... I just want the music to dull down (maybe 50% cut in volume), and then have the alert/message play over it :S

Pretty please!

Announcements
ANNOUNCEMENTS

Ideas monthly review: September

Remember!: use SEARCH before posting. Your idea may have already been requested

Please have a look at the Community Guidelines in the welcome board.

Before posting a new idea, check out our idea submission guidelines

Want to know what happens to your ideas? "Check this out".

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count