Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Deleting an account

Solved!

Deleting an account

Hey all!

Right, Ive tried twice now to delete my account by contacting customer support by email.

The first message I sent off was responded to by an automated email basically saying come here. After reading some posts a mod mentioned that it was just a case of contacting spotify again via the contact form.

Well, I did that, and get the same message back... in French.

Now, is the automated "you'll find a suggestion on the community forums" a standard thing or was it supposed to be the answer to my request?

Any assistance would be awesome.

Thanks.

109 Replies

I would also like my account to be deleted 

Marked as solution

If you'd also like to delete your account, please get in touch via our contact form

If you receieve an automated message directing you back to the Community, simply send another reply back to that email. We'll then get your request and be able to help. 

In the meantime I'll lock this thread as the moderators won't be able to respond to everyone individually. 

I have 2 accounts on the same username, just different passwords. One with unlimited and one with premium, and i want the one with unlimited deleted.

Hi simonbeergman - Thanks for dropping by the Community.

I've just moved your post over to this similar thread. Please drop us a line via the contact form so we can help with your two accounts.

Hi,

I wrote to Customer Service to find out how I can delete my account. I got an e-mail which referred me to the FAQ on the main site (no clear, explicit directions on how to delete an account), and to these message boards. I have found answers for how to delete an account which is NOT linked through Facebook, but my account is. I just want to delete my account. Why aren't there any clear, readily-available instructions on how to do this? Can a moderator please help me out here?

Thanks

embraceableyou - I've just moved your post to this relevant thread. 

Any users that receive an automated message directing them back to the Community should simply reply again. 

Your message will reach one of our agents who can lend a hand. 

DELETE THIS ACCOUNT!!

It is very annoying that there is NO information anywhere on how to delete your account! What is that about!!? And then when you finally find the contact form and write an email you send an email back saying I should look in the FAQ.. where there is NO INFORMATION ON THIS!! I strongly feel these practices should be forbidden by law and account deleting information should be clearly visible for anyone.
You guys are just speculating people will give up the search so your member numbers stay up. Just by not telling how to delete the accounts. Pretty cheeky if not illegal! Privacy law allows me to delete MY details at any time - you are obstructing that!!!

wilco- I've just moved your post to this relevant thread. I can see your case has reached us--an agent will be in touch with shortly. 

I don't want spotify anymore and I want to permenately delete it but I don't know how. Everywhere I have looked it says that you can't. I am kinda angry that everywhere says you can't

Shelly - I've moved your post to this larger thread. Just head over to our contact form to delete your account. 

Suggested posts