Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account hijacked by another device I have never logged in on.

Account hijacked by another device I have never logged in on.

Playback while I was out running today, kept getting interrupted with my playlist suddenly being played on a different device. It happened on two different occasions today and on two separate devices. The second one kept interrupting every 2 or 3 seconds...which was mightlily annoying. I had to stop running so I could swear at my phone without bumping into all of the tourists at Circular Quay (Sydney, AUS).

N.B. I have never logged into Spotify on any device other than my old phones (which I still have and are switched off).

I'm very worried about how this can happen:

What are these people doing in order to hijack my playback?

How can they be getting through my security login?

What else can they be getting hold of?

Very concerned, is anyone able to explain why this happens and how it can be remedied? I'd be really grateful for any help and/ or advice.

Bobby

6 Replies

Hi @UncleBobby,

It seems something serious is happening. It's best for you to reset your password right away here http://www.spotify.com/password-reset (if you have a Facebook-created account, change your Facebook password).

You can also follow the steps here to log out all the device where your account is logged in https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/account_settings/can-i-sign-out-of-my-account-if-im...

If you're still having trouble, it'll be best for you to get in touch with Spotify through their Contact form to report this.

Hi both. I faced the same trouble yesterday. I immediately changed my Spotify password but again today I saw playlists listed in my account I never heard yet. 

I am going to change my FB password too. 

Patrick

Hi @spybytes,

You can also check out this web page to know how to protect yourself from these hackers. https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/privacy/protect-your-spotify-account/

One more thing, you can get in touch with Spotify through their Contact form to report this.

Hi UncleBobby

As you confirmed that you never logged in to other devices, then I'd suggest you to get in touch with Spotify directly through their Contact form, or by sending them an email at support@spotify.com, so they can check your account, and to better explain what happened.

You may also reach them through their twitter account @SpotifyCares, or through their Facebook page.

Hope it helps.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. I'm not a Spotify employee

If this post solved your issue - Accept it as a solution.

Same thing has happened to me few times now. Today as well in the morning. I contacted Spotify through Facebook (SpotifyCares) and all they were able to say was that everything looks fine on their side. I already had changed my facebook password (I'm usign a Facebook login) and log out all the devices through the web interface.

I'm now keeping track on my Spotify usage very closely and sending everything to Spotify to figure this **bleep** out. If no solution for this then I have to quit my subsription. I almost would like to paste the person's name here whose playlists keep adding to my account just to see if it's a same person for someone else.

Hey.
I reported this issue to the Spotify Contact Mail as mentioned some posts before.
I got help in the sense, that they found a unknown account, they logged my account and I reset my passwords again, FB password too. Logged off all devices from all platforms, FB and Spotify.

Suggested posts