Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Adding Picture to Profile

Solved!

Adding Picture to Profile

It seems like I should be able to add my picture to the profile but I can't.  Is this feature only available if you link it to your facebook?

If there's a way to add profile pictures WITHOUT linking to Facebook please let me know.

THANKS!!

297 Replies

Pls do a update to not link ur Spotify account to FB. If someone is trying to find me or want to recognize me. That is very hard to do with just a username as a profile name. N it's very dumb. Pls change

For users that paid for Premium, it doesn't seem like too much to ask for? Right? Seems pretty backward that only users connect with FB can show profile pic. 

Another non-FB user here, please Spotify make it all nicer for us by letting us add a profile photo.

Thank you 

how?

It's pretty ridiculous to me that I have to have an awkward empty space instead of a profile picture just because I don't have a Facebook account.

Marked as solution

This feature is now available on Spotify, you don´t need to connect Facebook to change your profile picture. Now you can change/remove your user profile picture:

1. Go to your Spotify user;

2. Click on your profile picture, it should appear change on the bottom*;

Sem Título.png

3. Now Remove or Change;

4. Upload the image you want;

*Make sure you're in your primary PC or Mac account. It won't work if you're
on another device in the app.

Hallelujah!  You guys did the right thing.  Strong work Spotify!

A very welcomed and well needed update!! Very glad to know devs are listening to community feed back, shame it took awhile to come to us. 

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY I HAVE A FACE WITHOUT HAVING TO GET RAPED BY FACEBOOK.  THANKKKKK YOUUUUUU!!!!!

HOLY SH**, I can't believe it! It has actually been done. I had given up on this feature, tbh, after all those years... I posted here in this very thread in march 2013 (!), complaining that it "still" wasn't possible to add profile pictures - little did I know that we would have to wait another 3+ years 😉

I'm not complaining though. Thanks for adding this much requested feature, Spotify, even though it took you a while 😄 That said, it's not working for me - yet. I guess it'll be rolled out in the coming days/weeks?

Is that only for pro members? I have the latest version of Spotify and I can't see that button.

Make sure you're in Spotify on your PC - or whatever computer is your main
account machine

Yes, I'm using Spotify on my Win10 computer. That I'm aware of, this is the only device with Spotify installed. I even logged off everwhere using the link in my profile.

Version is 1.0.39.157.g674ae377 and I can't see that button in my profile using the desktop client.

Are you a premium (paying) user? They did say it might not work for
everyone but they didn't elaborate. It may be that it's only available for
those who pay up.

I am a premium user but I was honestly kind of shocked that it worked for
me.

Nope! I'm a peasant, that must be it hahaha

@Deses12 wrote:

Nope! I'm a peasant, that must be it hahaha

I don't think it is, I'm a Premium user and I can't see the button either. Tried the Mac client as well as the web player. Probably just a slow roll out...

It finally appeared, so yeah, it was a rolling deploy.

When I click my picture, the change button doesn't appear. Have I done something wrong?

Just wait till you get the feature. It's being rolled out slowly.

Okay, thank you!

Suggested posts