Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Adding Picture to Profile

Solved!

Adding Picture to Profile

It seems like I should be able to add my picture to the profile but I can't.  Is this feature only available if you link it to your facebook?

If there's a way to add profile pictures WITHOUT linking to Facebook please let me know.

THANKS!!

297 Replies

May I say this is ridiculous? I hope Spotify gets a good pay for this from fb. Secondly I hope Spotify lasts longer than fb!!!  BTW: Stop wasting Screenspace and Power with this new white background in the Artist-Pages! More Info, less Whitespaces please, and keep the good dark gray!

Not everyone wants to be connected with facebook!  Even if I was connected -- I wouldn't want to use that photo.  Besides,  I don't care about my fb friends' music or musical tastes.   I want to connect with new people here!!!

I should be able to upload a picture to my profile that is NOT my facebook photo.   This is quite silly and very irritating!!

Wow. Just wow. I can't believe there's STILL no way to add a profile picture without Facebook - this is beyond ridiculous. I never had (and never will have) a FB account and I feel a little screwed over as a longtime Spotify subscriber, to be honest... I should be able to do the most basic things (like adding a profile picture) without signing up for an account with another company.

Please guys, get your act together and implement some kind of picture upload functionality ASAP.

pleeease add this function! I would love to since my instagram followers want to know my spotify! Thanks xx

I didn't connect with facebook?

All,

My account is linked to facebook and I can see my profile picture in the upper right hand corner of the interface.  HOWEVER, when I click on my profile to view my page, my photo is not there, AND when Spotify recommends I follow friends from Facebook, I cannot see their photos.  I have looked all over and I cannot seem to find something to make the photos appear.  Help?

@WillCondon wrote:

All,

My account is linked to facebook and I can see my profile picture in the upper right hand corner of the interface.  HOWEVER, when I click on my profile to view my page, my photo is not there, AND when Spotify recommends I follow friends from Facebook, I cannot see their photos.  I have looked all over and I cannot seem to find something to make the photos appear.  Help?

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Does a clean reinstallation help? 

It sounds like the client might be having issues connecting to Facebook, are you connecting via a restricted network or anything else which might prevent a connection to Facebook or Spotify?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Spotify's silence with regard to this topic is deafening. Apparently it's all about the profits, not the customers.

I have the same problem

Facebook is connected. upper right I see the Avatar from Facebook, 

in my profil default image. My freinds see a default image....Please Help!

Tim

I followed the SOLVED! GO TO SOLUTION link, and it referred me back to the original thread. So, is this really solved? If not, why does it say so?

How do I add a picture to my profile? I will never be a Facebook subscriber, however I just may be a longtime Spotify user. Why not treat me as such?

If you don't implement it, I think it is a poor business choice. It sends the signal that somehow non-Facebook members are less important to Spotify than those who are. I'm a premium member, not getting a free ride. I don't see any reason why I shouldn't be able to have a profile picture like the Facebook masses.

@brutallyblue wrote:

I followed the SOLVED! GO TO SOLUTION link, and it referred me back to the original thread. So, is this really solved? If not, why does it say so?

How do I add a picture to my profile? I will never be a Facebook subscriber, however I just may be a longtime Spotify user. Why not treat me as such?

If you don't implement it, I think it is a poor business choice. It sends the signal that somehow non-Facebook members are less important to Spotify than those who are. I'm a premium member, not getting a free ride. I don't see any reason why I shouldn't be able to have a profile picture like the Facebook masses.

You can not currently add a picture to your Spotify profile without connecting to Facebook. 

The idea of making this feature available is discussed in this topic

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Not everyone has facebook 🙂

I think that we should pick a photo from out IPhoto app or whatever you store your pictures in.

Hi guys,

As Peter mentioned before, to throw your support behind this, just Kudos the idea here.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Wow, amazing "solution". 😄

@Sam wrote:
Jckinnick - According to your account, you're not linked up. Log onto Spotify using your username 'jckinnick', then head to 'Preferences' (under 'Edit'), and scroll down to 'Connect to Facebook'. Input your details here and you'll be on your way.

@Sam wrote:

Hi guys,

As Peter mentioned before, to throw your support behind this, just Kudos the idea here.

Already Kudoed some months ago, what now?

In short, there is no substantive evidence that the "ideas" section has worked for the customer in the past year or more. Spotify basically doesn't listen to their customers. They opt instead to mollify their customers with happy talk, empty promises, and the illusion of voting.

It's even worse because the idea has already been marked as "Not right now" which means your votes mean even less than what they normally do (nothing).

What does this have to do with non facebook members not having the opportunity to have a profile picture? Abosulutely nothing. I realize this post is ancient, but I have to comment. Guess what? I know how to create an account. You know how you can tell? Cuz I'm typing this. =/

@kewlkatycat wrote:

I've been using my Facebook account and I wanted a Spotify account, and you CAN create one, I just created this one now. The way I did it, was on the program there's something below the login that says 'Haven't got an account? Sign Up!' or something like that, it's a link to the site to sign up, fill out the details and if you want to create a free account, there's an option for that, but, of course, you can't access all the stuff. I just used free so I don't know what's enabled for paid users. Anyway, that's how you create an account!

**bleep** Facebook.  I disabled that months ago, never to go back.  However, I see no reason why I can't upload a photo and connect with friends without having to go through facebook.  Catch up Spotify.  Facebook is dying, a well deserved death.  Let us connect and be social without tying us to that outdated corporate crap.

Spotify took the liberty to add my WIFE's profile information (name & photo) to MY profile and i can neither change nor delete it.

if Spotify won't allow me to modify my own profile, perhaps Rhapsody, Pandora, Google Play, iTunes.. etc (long list) will prove to be the best solution.

you're not the only option, Spotify, give your PAYING users the ability to modify their OWN profiles.

Suggested posts