Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Adding Picture to Profile

Solved!

Adding Picture to Profile

It seems like I should be able to add my picture to the profile but I can't.  Is this feature only available if you link it to your facebook?

If there's a way to add profile pictures WITHOUT linking to Facebook please let me know.

THANKS!!

297 Replies

CanYaFeelTheLov - Sounds like your wife attached her Facebook account to your Spotify. Don't worry, this is easy to sort. Simply head to your 'Preferences' menu in your Spotify, then 'Disconnect from Facebook'.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Not necessarily. I just registered for Spotify two days ago and did not do it through FB. However, I only have the very basic option, so linking to FB may be a requirement through the upgraded versions.

Hi having problems myself with the Spotify FB picture. I had 2 Spotify accounts linked to the same FB profile. I dont want to use the othr one anymore (free) and Im sticking to my Spotify Unlimited one....

Anyway, the thing is that although my FB account is linked I only get my picture on the top-right of spotify, but not when I get into my profile page (where you see overview, followers  and following). I think is a bit messed up cause I had 2 accounts.

Is there any way to remove the other one or just make the FB linking work as it should?

Thanks in advance!

Jorge.

Screen Shot 2013-07-24 at 18.52.41.png

@jorgediro wrote:

Hi having problems myself with the Spotify FB picture. I had 2 Spotify accounts linked to the same FB profile. I dont want to use the othr one anymore (free) and Im sticking to my Spotify Unlimited one....

Anyway, the thing is that although my FB account is linked I only get my picture on the top-right of spotify, but not when I get into my profile page (where you see overview, followers  and following). I think is a bit messed up cause I had 2 accounts.

Is there any way to remove the other one or just make the FB linking work as it should?

Thanks in advance!

Jorge.

Its just taking a little time for things to update on your client I think, I can confirm it is working correctly publically:

profile check 3.png

Give it 24 hours, if its still not working for you a clean reinstallation should fix it.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Worked perfectly. Already installed and installed the client, but didn't thought of the hidden library files. Thanks a lot Peter! 

No worries my friend!
Enjoy! 🙂

Peter

Peter

What about if you are a business?  I don't see anyway to connect spotify to my business page.  I'd like memebers to be able to add their own music to the workout playlists, but I have no way to interact with them.

@fitandfearless wrote:

What about if you are a business?  I don't see anyway to connect spotify to my business page.  I'd like memebers to be able to add their own music to the workout playlists, but I have no way to interact with them.

Currently Spotify can only be linked to personal facebook pages, since Spotify is only licensed for personal usage meaning usage in a business scenario or where public playback is involved is outside of the scope of the licensing Spotify has. 

Peter

Peter

I know I have tried plz inform me when you have a solution 

Hi, I'd like to be able to add a profile picture. However, I no longer have a facebook account (by choice) and do not want to have to use one to link a picture as I did before. Any solutions to this? 

There is no solution I'm afraid. The last word from Spotify on prfile pictures that I can find was in response to this idea.

- Regarding not being able post your own picture/photo on Spotify profile ,without having to associate/link up 

with Facebook dross.  Most. if not all messages on Spotify forum are dated on this subject on/in 2012.  I just tried to 

add picture to my profile, seems not possible.  Date, 5 October 2013, ....... maybe Spotify are still "working on it"!. or maybe 

just a side issue as far as they are concerned... in the meantime i'll just continue to be shown as another empty face there ... ok, 

In no bloody way will i venture into the bore and stereotypical mindlessness that is Facebook . . rather be 'faceless' than 

be succumb to that crap.  have fun. 

They have one now where you can sign up using your email.

@DogintheKitchen wrote:

They have one now where you can sign up using your email.

You still can't have a profile picture on your Spotify profile without connecting to Facebook @DogintheKitchen 😉 

Peter

Peter

not everyone wants to login with their facebook though

there should be another way??

You can also create an account without using facebook but a spotify username instead.

ware is the "Preferences" menu?

@squaart On which platform? Web player, windows or Mac client, a mobile client?

Never mind, I got it fixed, but thanks for asking!

Spoiler
😄

Suggested posts