Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't change my country!

Solved!

Can't change my country!

Hello,

I am having a problem... I cant change the country of my account back to Netherlands. it is stuck at United Kingdom. What can i do to change it back? 😞 Since this happend, i cannot listen to some songs i like...

I wish to get this fixed soon.

Greetings,

100 Replies

Ok now I have the same issue as well I cannot change my country to Sri Lanka as I'll be staying there but it's stuck in Singapore anyone can help?

Hi There , need some help here , i moved from germany to tunisia and i can't edit my profile , it stuck to germany  ;  PLEASE someone (mod) help  ,  i put so much effort in my account  , please fix my country to TUNISIA  thank you  🙂

I'm in Italy for the winter but from England, I can't change my country to Italy. I don't have premium so how can I change to Italy so I can use my spotify? For some reason it's now got my country as Belguim but no other options come up when I click to change it. 

I just moved to South Korea and cant access spotify bc its locked in UK... i cant even choose a country other than UK... 

My sister lives in the US and the got me a 12 month spotify subscription. I live in Ireland and the code doesnt work. Help I will to reddeem asap

Hello, i need to change back my account to the US... I used it for a while in Spain while travelling, and now i can't change it back! My username is davidcsi (davidcsi@hotmail.com) thanks!

@Saulrb

To use the code successfully, your country needs to be changed to United States in your profile page, since it's there where she bought it.

This can be achieved through a VPN, since you need an US IP address to do so.

A good, free one you could use is TunnelBear

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@davidcsii

Have you tried changing your country setting in your profile page yet?

Make sure your IP address shows you're currently in the US. You can check it here

osorniosSpotify Star

Hello, thanks for answering. I did look at my profile, but the country
pulldown is grayed out, i can't modify it.

@davidcsii

That could be because your IP address matches the country in your profile. When they are different is when you are able to change it.

Are you Premium? Your payment info must match your country in profile, so that's another possible cause..

osorniosSpotify Star

Hi,

I'm having a similar issue - I want to change my country to Australia so that I can continue subscribing to premium. I am currently behind on payments because I can't use my Australia bank card, but need to change my country to do so.

I checked my IP and can confirm I am in Australia.

Can you please advise?

@user-removed

In this case, it's better to delete your payment info and cancel your subscription altogether. You will still be premium until the remaining days of your subscription are used up.

What I'm suggesting you to do is this:

1. Go to your Subscription and payment overview --> http://spotify.com/account/subscription/

2. Click UPDATE DETAILS. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before clicking UPDATE DETAILS.

After you've cancelled and removed your payment info, change your country in profile (if you need to), and resubscribe to Premium with the new card info to ensure that your offline music won't be deleted and that your subscription will renew correctly when it's time.

Your payment card country must match your country in profile, an the country of your IP address.
osorniosSpotify Star

Hello, just wanted to voice out that I am pretty much having the same problem as everyone else. My accounts connected to my fb but for some reason I can't change my country from the US to Australia. My geolocation also shows that I am in Australia. How to fix please and thanks.

Hey @OMGIG31,

If you opened your account with Facebook, your country is tied to the country shown in your Facebook account, so you may need to change it there.

Also, your payment method (if you used one for Premium) must match your country too, so you may need to delete it to update countries.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star

I'm having the same problem. I can't open the Spotify app on my Macbook as it says that my country setting needs to be updated. I recently moved from Singapore to India. When I went to my profile and clicked on the country setting, the only option it showed was Singapore! Please help!

Marked as solution

Hey @Ruby15,

Unfortunately, Spotify hasn't launched in India yet, so you won't be able to use the service there until it's launched.

More info here.

osorniosSpotify Star

Oh, I see. Thank you sooo much!

Hi. I've changed my payment details and profile details from UK to Finland but still my account is stuck in UK music. My IP is in Finland, payment as well but still the music is only UK. Can we fix this somehow?

Hi,
I have recently shifted to USA from Singapore and I am not being able to change my country! Any help pls?

What I found out was that ne new country (change payment method first to suit new country) takes effect from the next billing cycle. So if your next payment is due February 25th, the country will change on that date. Would be great to mention in the official instructions as well.

Suggested posts