Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't keep the student subscription after changed country

Solved!

Can't keep the student subscription after changed country

Hi there,

I was studing in UK and was using the student subscription which was £4.99 / mth.

Recently I moved to Hong Kong to contiune my studies, I try to change the card details to a HongKong credit card due to my UK card has been cancelled, the system said I have to change country to HongKong (see attachment spotify1). So I press the change country button, then it said it will be a PREMIUM FOR FAMILY plan...It's so weird I never join the family plan (see attachment spotify2).

Please let me know how can I retain the student subscription in HongKong using HongKong card.

Many Thanks

Tim

spotify1.jpg
spotify2.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Solved. Simply unsubscribe, changed country, subscribe back by HK card, Bingo!

Cheers mate!

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hey Tim! Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, the Spotify for Student discount is not available in Hong Kong. You can still upgrade to Spotify Premium here. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Take care! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for your reply.

I don't mind if I can't retain the student discount. The standard premium fee in HongKong is $58 / mth (see pic 1).

But the problem is I can't join the HKD$58 plan after I signed in. It directed me to the family premium page, telling me I will be joined the £14.99 family plan and ask me to enter credit card details. (see pic 2)

It's so weird I can't join the $58 plan using my account. Also it's very strange that HongKong domin showing Chinese text.... but the currency is £.  

I believe it's a website bug. Any techican can help with this?

Many Thanks,

Tim

spotify 3.jpg
spotify 4.jpg

Hey Tim!

Thanks for your very clear reply. What is your subscription status in your account? Also, does Spotify Premium show up when you click 'View more offers'? Let me know!

Take care! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

Hi Huib,

Thanks for your reply. The current status of subscription is payment failed, Spotify's system request me to provide a new card details as my UK card failed the transation.

Yes it shown up the 'View more offers' option. But I can only choose either student or annual subscription.(see pic)

It's weird I'm able to find everything after I logged out my account. Things start getting wrong if I try to add HongKong credit card to my account.

Maybe my account has tied with UK spotify and not allowed to change country?

Cheers,

Tim

spotify 6.jpg

Hey Tim!

Thanks! Alright, I think your country is still set to the UK, you can change it here. After that, are you able to resubscribe to Premium? Let me know!

Take care! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

Hi Huib,

Thanks. I have tried but the 'country option' is not allowed to change in my account detail page. I have also followed the instructions in https://support.spotify.com/hk-en/article/How-can-I-change-my-country-setting/ . Unfortunately its fail, Spotify keep redirecting me to pay £14.99 family subscription page once I entered HongKong card details.

Cheers,

Tim

Marked as solution

Solved. Simply unsubscribe, changed country, subscribe back by HK card, Bingo!

Cheers mate!

Hey Tim!

Glad to hear things are alright again! Just give me a shout if you need anything else! 🙂

Take care! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

Suggested posts