Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't log on sonos

Can't log on sonos

Hi there,

Since the last sonos update, I can't access to my Spotify account anymore (iphone & Mac). How is that possible?

Please help asap, impossible to live without.

Cheers

Jerome

15 Replies

Hey, 

To use your Sonos system, just log in with the long series of digits and create a device password from here:

http://www.spotify.com/account/set-device-password/

Once you have your Spotify username and your device password, please login to Spotify on your Sonos system with these details.

hello all, I've got the same problem, i can login on the website but spotify tells sonos that my account does not exists... help meeee 🙂

Hi, I bought 2 Play5's yesterday, opened a premium account on Spotify and had everything running smoothly within half an hour. Later on yesterday I reconfigured the system because I added a bridge to the system (at first I connected one of the two P5's directly to my router until the mailman delivered an unused extra bridge a friend of mine sent me).

Then things went entirely wrong: the sonos controller no longer showed Spotify as an avaliable music source, and in the list available music services Spotify is no longer an option, so I cannot reconnect Sonos to Spotify.....

Telephone help desk is unavailale in the weekends and I'm dying to play with my new toy some more. It was so much fun while it lasted! Who can help me???

kind regards,

Rutger

Have you tried a clean installation of Spotify at all? That might refresh the selection of available music sources.

Airhorn Enthusiast

Thanks for your reply. You mean I should reinstall the spotify software all together? 

I just deleted and reinstalled the Spotify software but Spotify still it doesn't appear in the available music services list in my Sonos Controller, unfortunately. Any other ideas?

Hi. I had a similar problem and found that Sonos had somehow lost my spotify password. Went to Sonos/Manage/Service Settings/Services then edit  Spotify. I just re-entered my Spotify password

I'm wondering if anyone can help me, or direct me to a fix. I am trying to set up my Spotify account on a SONOS network. I have been a premium subscriber to Spotify for over a year and listen to my music all the time. Problem is I made my account through facebook... I did this suggestion and it tells me it doesn't have my email. It shows me that you have my email but it still won't send me the info to set a password on SONOS.... this is infuriating, these have been together for a while now (don't know exactly how long) why have they not smoothed out all these issues with connecting them?

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

If you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they will be able to send you out one of those emails manually. I have seen a few topics about this lately, so I have escalated it as an issue with the Spotify team. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi there

various problems here, but main one is that If I use spotify, I get horrid adverts, which I currently pay premium for.  

If I make a playlist in Spotify, it doesnt line up with my sonos either...

I bet someone should know of a simple soloution....

Thank you so much in advance because Ive been trying to fix this for ages...

Cheryl

Hey Cheryl! Welcome to the Spotify community 🙂 

If you are getting adverts it sounds like you aren't signed into the correct account in the desktop client. Its amazingly easy to have two, one with a Spotify username and another via Facebook. Try double checking your subscription is active on your online overview and logging out and back into the desktop client again ensuring you are using your premium account details. 

Peter

Peter

I subscribet to Spotify premium but can no longer access through Sonos. I have just takn a new mobile phone contract with Vodaphone which includes free Spotify premium, would this have complicated my account and caused system to not recognise my log in details on Sonos?

Are you using the same login details @mbarton ? 

Peter

yes, no change.

Can you just confirm your account is showing as premium on your online overview

Peter

Suggested posts