Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't update payment details

Can't update payment details

Hi.

I have a virtual card called MBNET which allows me to make payments like if it was a Visa card. Yet, since I can only use one number per transaction, I need to change the payment details of my Spotify Premium account. 

What happened is that I totally forgot to renew it this month and as a result I received an e-mail form Spotify alerting me of this:

"We've tried a number of times but have been unable to renew your Spotify subscription due to insufficient funds.

We will try to process this payment again in 3 days. Should the payment not be cleared soon, you'll start to hear ads and, if you have a Premium subscription, you'll lose access to Spotify on your mobile phone."

But when I created a new virtual card and then tried to insert the card's details on Spotify, I received the following notice:

"Could not update payment details

Sorry, we could not update your payment details."

Is it possible for you to accept the new card's details?

Thank you very much in advance from Portugal

3 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Can you try completely removing your card details from the Spotify system and then readding them (only possible if your account has reverted to Spotify free)? 

Some people have had issues with MBNET cards since the Spotify system normally does a verification transaction to check to make sure the card exists and in some cases MBNET take that as the single transaction. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@Peter wrote:

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Can you try completely removing your card details from the Spotify system and then readding them (only possible if your account has reverted to Spotify free)? 

Hi, Peter.

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately I just did what you said - reverted to free and removed the existing card details - but when I tried to add a new payment method, the site didn't allowed me: " Oops! Something went wrong, please try again or check out our help area"

Best,

Strange, have you tried a different browser at all? 

If its still not working, I would say the best people to talk to are the payments team. You can drop them an email using the online contact form and they will get back to you as soon as possible.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts