Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cancel Free Account

Solved!

Cancel Free Account

Someone please tell me how I go about cancelling this free Spotify account?? I sent Spotify a message, and they referred me here. I am not happy with the service I have received and I'll just leave it at that. Is anyone willing to help me out with this? Cancelling an account should be very simple, however I've not come accross any cancel options anywhere! How do I cancel the account??

112 Replies

arg...yes want to cancel my free account....there is no cancel buttion????HELP!!

Does this work...I enrolled yesterday by mistake and someohow have the free trial...and want to cancel but just leads me the subscription page?

I just enrolled in the free 7 day trial on ipad and didn't realize that after 7 days I would be enrolled? Im trying to find the cancel my subscription which is non existing and want out!!!Please help...this is frustrating. I don't even use the thing

@dinacc

Did you input any payment info?

You can login to the website to check the status of your subscription here:

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

all you have to do is log into spotify from the computer and click cancel subscription 

spotify.com

@dinacc wrote:
I just enrolled in the free 7 day trial on ipad and didn't realize that after 7 days I would be enrolled? Im trying to find the cancel my subscription which is non existing and want out!!!Please help...this is frustrating. I don't even use the thing

No I didn't??

@dinacc

If you didn't input any payment info, you're in the clear. There's no way you'll get charged for a suscription.

osorniosSpotify Star

Even if I downloaded app though the App Store and it's connected to my iTunes account?

@dinacc

No problems for using the app store to download the app.

You do need to check your itunes subscriptions for Auto Renewals and turn it off for Spotify.

Here are Apple's instructions on how to do it:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039

osorniosSpotify Star

How can Spotify constrain people just like that? I'm one more user unsatisfied with it... I recommend people to NOT USE this service. Please, I can't even open the so called "contact form"! What contact?

Spotify is useless for me, so respect my will: I tried it and didn't like it... Just simple like that.

My husband had it free with Spark, I tried it on my voda contract phone
didnt like it so tried to get rid of it. Result spotify deleted my
husband's Spotify and left it on my phone. I judt cant make them understand
their mistake.

I want to cancel my account can somone help me 

@user-removed

This link might help you:

osorniosSpotify Star

SAME PROBLEM. Completely PISSED. I'll be sure to refer people AWAY from these scam bags!

I would like to cancel my free account and never be billed for this account once free trial ends.

Hey @user-removed,

If you entered your payment details, you should remove it. You'll still be Premium until your trial ends.

To cancel and delete your payment info, do the following:

1. Go to your Subscription page.

2. Click UPDATE DETAILS. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before clicking UPDATE DETAILS.

Without any payment details, no new charges can be made, but if you're an iphone user, you do need to check your itunes subscriptions for Auto Renewals and turn it off for Spotify.

osorniosSpotify Star

I'd like to cancel my free subsciption.

Hey @marleykitty,

If you're in a free trial, and you entered your payment details, you should remove it. You'll still be Premium until your trial ends.

To cancel and delete your payment info, do the following:

1. Go to your Subscription page.

2. Click UPDATE DETAILS. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before clicking UPDATE DETAILS.

Without any payment details, no new charges can be made, but if you're an iPhone user, you do need to check your itunes subscriptions for Auto Renewals and turn it off for Spotify.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

spent 3 hours today trying to cancel plus they have been charging me for "free service" for 90 days....this is ridiculous and they just send you in circles....

PLEASE HELP

UNEMPLOYED NOW AND CAN'T AFFORD TO DO ANYTHING AT THIS POINT

I AM GOING MADDDDD

PLEASE SUE THEM SOMEONE IF I JUMP

bLAKE HENDRICKSON

Hey @andrewblakeh

You should fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you cancel your subscription within 24 hrs. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to support@spotify.com and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares.

osorniosSpotify Star

Suggested posts