Change from Facebook login to login with Spotify details.

Solved!

Change from Facebook login to login with Spotify details.

Music Fan
‎2012-05-28 01:26 AM
I'm trying to change from using my Facebook login to logging in with Spotify details. I basically want to deactivate my Facebook. In doing so, Spotify won't work without being logged in to Facebook. Does anyone know how to change this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Change from Facebook login to login with Spotify details.

Edited
Community Legend
‎2012-05-28 01:37 AM

edit: Spotify no longer requires Facebook, this was changed on 30 August 2012. This is an old thread, my original reply below:

You can't use Spotify without an active Facebook account. You will have to find another music service. Alternatives include Rdio and Grooveshark.

21 Replies

Edited
Community Legend
‎2012-05-28 01:37 AM

edit: Spotify no longer requires Facebook, this was changed on 30 August 2012. This is an old thread, my original reply below:

You can't use Spotify without an active Facebook account. You will have to find another music service. Alternatives include Rdio and Grooveshark.

Concert Regular
‎2012-05-28 03:58 AM

I would agree with A1yssaaa.

I really hate that I have to have a Facebook account to sign up to Spotify.

Edited
Music Fan
‎2012-07-25 07:01 AM

lame!

I guess Ill be swithing and paying a different internet radio

Music Fan
‎2012-09-17 08:53 PM

I won't be continuing to use spotify. FB has a notorious issue with info tracking and I prefer not to have every app running through something that I cannot control. It is bloody invasive. I don't even use FB on my Mobile.

Spotify get a clue PLEASE not everyone wants to use FB. I decline every fb app that gets sent to me as it is invasive in nature. 

Respect your patrons especially for what you charge.

Community Legend
‎2012-09-17 08:56 PM

This is an old thread. You no longer need a Facebook account to use Spotify.

However, if you signed up while Facebook was required (between 22 September 2011 and 30 August 2012) you need to create a new account. Also, it is still possible to create an account through a Facebook login and if you've done so, you need to create a new account to get a non-FB login.

To create an account without Facebook, go to the sign up page and click "Create an account with my email address" at the bottom.

Music Fan
‎2012-09-22 03:56 PM

I have a premium account that I have already been paying for for a while, and I have all my music on here. I don't want to have to make a new account, because I will be off of facebook for a month. I listen to my spotify music every single day. Is there really no way to switch a facebook-based account over to a normalaccount without making a new one????

Music Fan
‎2012-09-26 08:00 AM

I'd really like to know the answer to this, too.

Music Fan
‎2012-09-30 09:12 PM

Me too...

Community Legend
‎2012-10-01 12:05 AM

The answer is no. You must make a new account if you don't want to log in with Facebook.

In case you're worried that you made a mistake signing up with Facebook, you probably didn't. Spotify REQUIRED a Facebook account a while ago and using Facebook was the only way back then.

The reason for the tie-up is because Sean Parker, who is an investor in both Spotify and Facebook, does not want you to leave Facebook so he tied up your Spotify to it.

SUGGESTED POSTS