Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing profile picture?

Changing profile picture?

Is there STILL no way to change a profile picture if you don't want to link to a Facebook account? Really Spotify? This is poor. Not all of us want to be on Facebook you know.

25 Replies

Ditto that..I plan on being the last one on Earth without a Facebook account.

I agree. Spotify would be so much better if it didn't rely so heavily on that pile of idiocracy which is Facebook.

Hey, what's service is it where I can't change default picture to my own? We live in 2012! You can add option to upload a picture in less than a minute to app, I believe...

If you do not have enough servers for it, I can purchase one to you, so you can host profile pictures. 😄

I assume there has been no headway in the solution for this...

At present, no. If there is, I'll post it here.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hey Sam, still no news?

Bumping this up.

The main reason I joined the forums was to search for a response for this. I'm hoping this is something Spotify will enable in the future. Honestly, even if I have to choose from a preset of avatars (similiar to the forums) I wouldn't care as long as I can change it to something

Hey. While this isn't a dire need to use the overall functionality of Spotify, it does seem like a service that paying customers should be able to access. I'd like to add my picture without having to subscribe to Facebook! Let me know if you've made any significant progress on this issue. Thanks a bunch.

Yes I would like to do this as well.. I pay for this service and shouldn't be required to have a facebook to add a profile picture to my profile 😞

Come on Spotify. Surely your Faustian pact with nasty dehumanising corporate giant Facebook doesn't prohibit you from allowing us little (paying) people to have our own profile pictures? Why is this so difficult? Do we need to take to Twitter and kick up some negative PR for something to happen?

Totally agree. There's nothing inherently wrong with FB (Although I consider not having one a badge of honor...) it's ridiculous you cannot post a pic unless you have a FB acct linked.

C'mon Spoitfy. I love ya but you're killin me!

agree. am NOT going to do Facebook either. I hate Facebook.

Paying subscriber because Spotify is a great platform (despite also being a  working musician getting stiffed by the £0.001/stream royalties), totally agree with everyone here, please sort this non-FB pic issue!!!

I fear resistance is useless, unless I opt out of Spotify alltogether in due course.

Just tried to submit a playlist via Tunigo. That content discovery plug-in will even ask for FB account details, before posting a playlist is allowed. How idiotic can it get? Why not use my LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter, Spotify or anything else that works account?? I don't have a FB account and I - quite deliberately - chose NOT to have one.

There are about 6,5 billion non-Facebook users out there, that should be enough market potential.

Yea, changing the profile pic would be nice.

The only profile pic you can change atm seems to be the little profile pic at the top right of the player next to your name.

But only with resources.zip... not really the perfect way.

still no news on this? do we need a petition or what in order to get our voice heard? i would like to change my picture after deactivating my facebook and it seems impossible at the moment.

Hi there - If this is a feature you'd be interested in I'd pop a post in our Ideas Board:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Community-Ideas/idb-p/communityideas

The idea can then gather 'Kudos' from other users so we can gauge its popularity. We definitely keep a close eye on those posts for your feedback. 

I, too, have shunned facebook and this feature seems like a no-brainer.

I tried accessing the link above to give "kudos" to the idea of the feature being added, but I get the error ACCESS DENIED "Sorry, you do not have sufficient privileges for that action." when trying to browse the page.

Try this link. 😉

Suggested posts