Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Charged for Premium on Two Different Cards

Solved!

Charged for Premium on Two Different Cards

I used to have my Spotify account linked through my old FaceBook account, but I deleted that FaceBook account permanently back in February. I thought that I had canceled my premium Spotfiy subscription linked to that FB account at that time, as I had switched over to a new, unlinked Spotify account right after, and purchased premium through that. However, looking at my bank statements, I just realized that since March, my credit card that I was using for the linked Spotify through my deleted Facebook account (which I obviously have not been using, since I made the new Spotify and started payments through that, and you can't access a linked Spotify account if the associated FB account is deleted) and my debit card, which I use to pay for the new premium account, have both been charged. So, I've been getting charged double for one service. 

I need to figure out how to stop the payment taking place for the account that I don't use anymore, which is on my credit card, and I am really hoping I can get reimbursed for the payments that have happened on there since March, as I didn't realize they were happening, and I have basically been paying for nothing.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @uhlonuh. Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Being charged twice isn't really cool, so I would suggest that you reach out to the folks at Spotify directly of the issue. For sure, they will provide you with the best resolution they can offer. 

You can reach out to them here, on Twitter with the @SpotifyCares handle, or on their Facebook page.

Thanks,

marlonespi

If this post solved your issue - Accept it as a SOLUTION.

If you like my post - Please add LIKES to it.

***I'm not by any means working or related with Spotify. I’m just trying to be helpful; that’s it!***

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @uhlonuh. Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Being charged twice isn't really cool, so I would suggest that you reach out to the folks at Spotify directly of the issue. For sure, they will provide you with the best resolution they can offer. 

You can reach out to them here, on Twitter with the @SpotifyCares handle, or on their Facebook page.

Thanks,

marlonespi

If this post solved your issue - Accept it as a SOLUTION.

If you like my post - Please add LIKES to it.

***I'm not by any means working or related with Spotify. I’m just trying to be helpful; that’s it!***

Thanks!

Suggested posts