Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Charged twice per month

Solved!

Charged twice per month

I have spotify in my I phone and am wondering how to get a hold of any customer service line because spotify has been charging my debit card 2 times a month and it should only be 1 time a moth!!!

491 Replies

I have been charged by spotify before my 30 day trial which resulted in my bank account being over drafted. I now owe the bank $45 and SPOTIFY is NOT responding to my "form" to be contacted back. I'm pissed. I want a call back

Email:: [snip - mod edit]
Account name:: namemeyourself

This is b.s. I have proof that when I checked the account to see when I needed to cancel or pay said Sept. 24th 2014... why was I charged early!?? ( I took a screenshot of the date.)

@im_zanya_hi - How long ago did you get in touch with support? If you could post your 8-digit case number we can ask someone to check it out for you.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Idk the 8-digit case number. I did not receive a email responding back to my claim.

I have checked spam mail as well.

@im_zanya_hi - Can you open a new case here in that case and reply directly to the automated email?

Peter

i want to know asap y is my spotify kicking me off everytime i get on ?????? it doesnt even want to load anything up....it just closes right away...im starting to get really mad because im not getting what i paid for at all...i just want to listen to music n get what im paying for...also cant find out how to get a hold of someone from spotify...i want my spotify working now.....so please some let me know whats going on or tell me how to fix it....

Hi @Dj_JoK3r-1 Welcome to the community

It looks like your client is crashing. Have you tried doing a full reinstallation of the app (including removing your cache)?

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

I've tried to contact them as they are charning me premium but i only recieve free and they have not replioed 

It has been extremely dificult to figure out this website. Its like everything is hidden. My account wont let me upgrade to anything because in the payment summary before you click "accept payment" there is no box to enter my password, and because there is no box to enter it into, when i click "accept payment" it tells me I can't because "my password is invalid" I cant find any hotline to contact anybody and there is no "about us" that i can click on or even see on the website to find your contact form. Its not supposed to be so hard to give you guys my money!

@livkarol - Reply to the automated confirmation email you get when you open a case and that will bump your email over to an adviser who can take a look.

@jctaylor153 - Is it possible to try using a different browser?

Peter

Hello!

I would like to deactivate my facebook account and continue to use Spotify, but unfortunately that is not an option in the account settings as far as I see.  

I thought to cancel my account and then I would create a new one not connected to facebook in any way.  Unfortunately, this has also been met with errors and frustration.  Everytime I would get to the verify through facebook page it would say there was an error and send me back two steps.

I have entered a contact form, but again, the email address listed as my facebook email is not correct and it is one that has not been used on my facebook account for sometime.

Please advise me as to what needs to be done. 

Quite honestly this entire process has been frustrating.  If spotify would offer some sort of customer service phone number that would make this entire process a breeze.  It's honestly quite a hassle when someone, which is already frustrated with the service, has to jump through the hoops that they do in order to get a probelm solved.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Marked as solution

If you're seeing two charges from Spotify on your account it could be for a number of reasons.

First, check with your family or friends to make sure someone you know didn’t subscribe with your details. 

There are a few reasons why you might see two charges in one month: 

• Are the charges on two different days? Then you're probably paying for more than one account. We’d recommend checking our support site to learn how to find and cancel any other accounts.

• The payment was unsuccessful, but appeared on your statement anyway. If we’re unable to process the payment, the funds will reappear on your statement soon. This is all part of your bank/credit card’s authorization process. You can reach out to them for more information. You may see multiple charges like this if you tried the payment multiple times.

• If you’ve recently upgraded from Premium to Premium for Family your renewal date may come earlier than usual, possibly in the same month as your previous payment. This is because of the price difference between the two subscriptions. You can check your Premium renewal date on your Subscription Page.

• If you think your details have been used without authorization, please read this FAQ.

We hope this helps!

I as well have been charged twice this month and my payments are due on the 5th of every month. What is your response on this and what can be done 

Suggested posts