Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Charged twice per month

Solved!

Charged twice per month

I have spotify in my I phone and am wondering how to get a hold of any customer service line because spotify has been charging my debit card 2 times a month and it should only be 1 time a moth!!!

493 Replies

As it current stands, Spotify do not offer any form of telephone support, as an internet age digital media company I don't really find it surprising. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

and they dont even reply to that, so we dont stand a chance in hell of getting some human response. Never have I dealt with a company so blaise to take customers money but not to stand up and be counted when they have got it wrong.

If you get an automated reply telling you to visit the community, you need to reply directly to that email (even though it says not to) to push your message into the customer service queue 😉 

Peter

Peter

These people are crooks. Why do you think there's no phone number? Send your complaints to (snip! - Mod) and we can file a class action lawsuit against them

@s6 wrote:
These people are crooks. Why do you think there's no phone number? Send your complaints to (Chop! - Mod) and we can file a class action lawsuit against them

Spotify are not crooks, they provide a service which I have never had any problems with. 

There is no phone number because they have made the decision that they can best serve customers via email support, that does not make them crooks. 

Peter

Peter

s6 - I've just removed your email address to stop any would-be spammers. Are there any particular issues with the Spotify service you'd like to discuss? Hopefully we can help you out. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

Yeah, they are crooks... see anyone on here who has posted "I sure am glad they don't have a phone so we can keep playing this stupod game of why haven't I gotten my money back that I in no way authorized them to take". Yeah, I remember reading that now.
. I have 68 emails now... Let them explain in court how this is legal, ok Peter?

@s6 wrote:
Yeah, they are crooks... see anyone on here who has posted "I sure am glad they don't have a phone so we can keep playing this stupod game of why haven't I gotten my money back that I in no way authorized them to take". Yeah, I remember reading that now.
. I have 68 emails now... Let them explain in court how this is legal, ok Peter?

I've just taken a look at our database and I could only find one email from you - Did you send any other messages in under another email address?

Airhorn Enthusiast

Deleting my email isn't going to stop me from getting complaints. It's posted on 25 other sites as well. And I have a lot of complaints about unauthorized credit card transactions. This is going to be nice...

Complaints to me... not from me... to be used in a class action law suit... maybe we can just get you shut down for good as well...

Class action information with regards to US law is referred to in our Terms and Conditions

In regards to your specific issue, your case is within our email system and will be answered by an advisor soon. We'll try and remedy your issue for you where possible. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

@s6 wrote:

Well good luck with that, you are entitled to your opinion as everyone else is 😉 

In my experience, these cases where people feel they have been ignored are a tiny minority of customers, any time I have contacted support I have gotten a resposne in 48-hours and I have sent in quite a few forms! 

Peter

Peter

Spotify free 30 day trial-a hoax!
I took advantage of the 30 day free trial. After I canceled before midnight which was the expiration, I was charged anyway. This is false advertising and very BAD BUSINESS!!!!! I want my account reimbursed! Do the right thing SPOTIFY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daryl Read More
11/3/2012 Spotify premium told me I could download music to
Spotify premium told me I could download music to my media player it's a rip off ..It even let me download music to my cell phone ....

rbubby Read More
11/3/2012 Spotify - I wolud like to canceled this account
I wolud like to canceled this account immediately,l want this service any moreI being charge for second time after I alredy canceled the service last month.please you guys should stop going into my account.that is fraud.l don't like your service,alot of people give comment about same issue please stop charging me. My is rebecca ogunkaya solaru.my email is @yahoo.com.please let me see changes.am not going to be paying for what I did not usr.

Rebecca Read More
10/31/2012 Spotify - These people just locked my account after I told
These people just locked my account after I told them to change the credit card three times. These people need their head examined and provide real help, even annoying Netflix provides that.

Eric Read More
10/30/2012 Spotify - I am so mad. the took two payments out in two days
I am so mad. the took two payments out in two days that I have thought to be once a month. I am going to let the Beau get in volve with this

Dominique Read More
10/25/2012 Spotify - Just another victim of this company. We cancelled
Just another victim of this company. We cancelled three months ago and they continue charging our acct. My suggestion is to contact your banks and place a block on their charges. It may include a fee but I'd rather my funds to be cut off to Spotify for not running a good business. PLease spread the word to all who is going through this too.

Chim  There"s thousands more where that came from Petey boy...

Again, since I don't work for Spotify its not really my problem 😉 I was just offering my opinion on Customer Services.

I would suggest you have a close read at the Terms and Conditions before you proceed any further as David posted above. 

And my name is Peter not "Petey boy" FYI.

Peter

Peter

Whatever you say Petey boy....

These people are scum of the earth....

I have thousands of emails now for a class action...

when you break the law or make your own rules in the run of the game.... You're class action rules of the rules of the "terms of agreement" are automatically void. When you steal money from someones bank account, your rules become invalid...

@s6 wrote:

Whatever you say Petey boy....

These people are scum of the earth....

I have thousands of emails now for a class action...

when you break the law or make your own rules in the run of the game.... You're class action rules of the rules of the "terms of agreement" are automatically void. When you steal money from someones bank account, your rules become invalid...

Thank you for making it so easy to prove a point. 

I asked you to call me Peter, and yet you blatently ignored that. I find that at the height of disrespect and arrogance, you are no better than the people you claim to hate. 

Also, you have gone from 68 emails on friday to "thousands" now, which is quite an increase. That statement alone either means Spotify are the worst company to have ever existed (unlikely) or that you are indeed a liar. 

Go ahead and waste your time and money on this, I am 99% sure I already know the outcome.

Peter /out

Peter

"when you break the law or make your own rules in the run of the game.... You're class action rules of the rules of the "terms of agreement" are automatically void. When you steal money from someones bank account, your rules become invalid..."

How about you stop making your own rules and face reality? You agreed on user terms -> no class action. No matter what.

Btw Spotify is by far not the only company that handles it like that. Check Microsoft for example here.

And no, I'm not working for Spotify either. Just wana save you some time and money like Peter already said. 😉

i just edited my post and removed my email.....

THEIR email address is in the contact form.....

why do you guys make it so goddamn hard to get ahold of someone?  A NUMBER.  A PHONE NUMBER.  not a contact form where i have to wait a week to hear back from someone.  I started out just trying to find a contact number to speak with someone about an issue with my billing, but I will now be cancelling my subscription completely. 

oh, cute, and the contact form keeps resetting itself and giving me an error message.  awesome.  get a phone number. 

Suggested posts