Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Constant dropouts, tracks stop starting ... wondering if other service would be better ...

Solved!

Constant dropouts, tracks stop starting ... wondering if other service would be better ...

Let me start by saying I LOVED Spotify and recommended to everyone.

I pay happily.

Or ... did.  Now, I get stop starts, drop outs and disconnects from the service... and now playlists play one or perhaps two or three songs in a row and then just stop.  Not a disconnect... because playing from the following track will work fine.

Seriously, I'll give it one week.  If it's not sorted in one week from me posting this, I have to cancel.  I love the service, but it's broken as hell and has been for sooooo long now. 

Thanks and I hope someone can explain to me why these problems exist and how to fix them.

Running Mac OS Lion 10.7.3, Late 2011 24.ghz i7, 8gb Ram, 100mb Internet connection with Virgin Media, connected via network cable.  It's not the internet connection.  I can stream youtube videos and surf the internet fine while these Spotify issues arise.  And it's not a ports issue that's changed here because I've changed literally nothing.  Unless Spotify have changed their system.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Cheers, spiritdave I'll keep my money then.Smiley Happy

So, it's We7 that locks up my PC and pauses for 30 seconds between every song... or 'Stopify'.

Is there a service out there that works?

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Unfortunately I have to report the exact same problem. And i'm sick of it.

I've been a premium user for donkeys now, happily paying my £9.99 a month for a great service. Like others here i would always recommend Spotify to my friends and colleagues....but not anymore. I thought at first it was my internet connection but I don't think it is, everything else I'm surfing keeps going when Spotify just stops and if I slightly nudge the track along it starts to play immediately, no buffering. Until it randomly stops again.

I've nearly had enough and although i dont want to I will cancel my subscription unless they a) acknowledge the problem and b) fix it!

Unless anyone knows of a fix? Or even an acknowledgement that they're looking into it?

View solution in original post

68 Replies

Good morning to all. 

Like you I paid 9,99€ for Spotify, I'm plased to paid it.

I have the same troubles. I've tested my ADSL speed, it's normal (10Mb), I run Spotify in two diferent places, at home and at my office, In both places I have the same problem.

I wonder Spotify, tell us that is a problem on way to solution.

regards from Barcelona.

Carles,

Same with me. I've been using Premium since the start with very few issues. It is cutting out for no apparent reason after 1 or 2 tracks. It's driving me bonkers. HELP someone pleaseeee!!

I have the same problem, after months of hassle-free use, Spotify keeps freezing after playing only 1 or 2 songs regardless of whether they are in play queue or from a playlist. It is definitely a Spotify issue rather than a problem with my laptop or wi-fi. It may have originated since the last update, and seems to get worse each time I use it ...so frustrating. I don't want to cancel my subscription!

I was looking at cancelling my We7 subscription and coming back.

I've noticed Spotify keeps stopping though(especially after adverts). It was always pretty solid before.

Has this been going on long?

Long enough. I've had issues for a few weeks now. There's three Premium accounts in the house and they all suffer the same issues
Marked as solution

Cheers, spiritdave I'll keep my money then.Smiley Happy

So, it's We7 that locks up my PC and pauses for 30 seconds between every song... or 'Stopify'.

Is there a service out there that works?

No idea. Spot... OH WTF!!!! It JUST STOPPED AS I WAS WRITING THIS!!!!

GAAAH!!! lol.

I DO hope Spi... oh, it's just skipped half way through, to the next track ... on it's own. Hmm.

Dear oh dear. I'm hoping they can fix the issues. They have enough money invested. I know that for a freaking fact!

Hello spotify fans,

I have since one month, the same problems, everything is just running o.k.

But several times a day i can not play my music by drop outs ore disconnects , please spotify help me/us who have all the same problem i am also a premium member.

I'm having the exact same problems. My Spotify experience had been near-faultless for months, although since last week I have tracks abruptly stopping and never restarting, randomly not advancing to the next song, choppy playback, what would normally fall under "buffering" but doesn't quite apply. Starting to get a little annoying!

Finally someone ackowdledges there is a problem (https://twitter.com/#!/Spotifystatus) ... it started on Friday afternoon.

... meanwhile in the real world , Ashton Kutcher can't  get enough of The naked and Famous (https://twitter.com/#!/Spotify)

I don't know whether it's coincidence or not, but I've uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify this evening, and so far have had about an hour with no problems. Fingers crossed, it's fixed.

Exact same problem here. Hugely frustrating! 😞

Marked as solution

Unfortunately I have to report the exact same problem. And i'm sick of it.

I've been a premium user for donkeys now, happily paying my £9.99 a month for a great service. Like others here i would always recommend Spotify to my friends and colleagues....but not anymore. I thought at first it was my internet connection but I don't think it is, everything else I'm surfing keeps going when Spotify just stops and if I slightly nudge the track along it starts to play immediately, no buffering. Until it randomly stops again.

I've nearly had enough and although i dont want to I will cancel my subscription unless they a) acknowledge the problem and b) fix it!

Unless anyone knows of a fix? Or even an acknowledgement that they're looking into it?

I am also having the same issues today. It has been playing near flawless for a month now all the stops and starts I can't take it. I just shut it off. Spotify, please fix this or quit taking our money

Uninstalling and re-installing ahs worked for me also. Took about 4 minutes

I tried reinstalling, made no difference to me. Does Spotify ever read these boards and reply to - or better still fix - issues posted?

Kara

I reinstalled too, no stoppages so far and I am about 30 mins into my queue

I'm a premium user with a 60MB fibre broadband account I'm having the exact same problem and it's driving me crazy.

I can do a ping, speedcheck etc and my connection is fast.  I'm able to stream from Netflix or any other service in HD without problems but with Spotify it's completely unreliable.  

Ocassionally the service works okay but often the service will keep pausing for ten seconds or more, or stop completely. Sometimes I am unable to even start playing music.  I have a feeling this is to do with the demand on the Spotify servers as it seems to be related to time.  I'm in the UK and on Friday night I could not use it, it would stop every couple of seconds.  On Saturday morning it was fine, but by Saturday evening it was not working again.

I have done speed checks on my connection in order to make sure this is not a broadband problem and it is rock solid. I can download at over 7Mbps consistently and yet unable to use Spotify.

This is not just isolated to my home address, I see the same problem at my work address too.

Extremely frustrating.  If this is not rsolved by the time my next payment is due then I'll cancel.  Spotify is a great idea and wonderful when it works.. but it's completely useless and infuriating when it's not working.

Same problem here, been using fine for a long time, but for the last month nothing but freezing playback very annoying. This is on IOS on an 4s and 3GS, wifi or 3G makes no difference. I can stream audio and video from Internet and on internal network perfectly from all different sources. Spotify also plays back fine on my PC on the same network. There is clearly a serious issue with the app or servers that needs to be sorted because I'm getting frustrated at Paying for premium and getting a second rate service. 'Used' to love Spotify!

Suggested posts