Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Does premium family work outside my home country?

Does premium family work outside my home country?

Dear community,

I want to get Premium family. We all live at the same physical address, but I was wondering, if I can use the service also when I'm on vacation or if I'm then restricted to listening to the offline songs? So, in order to use Premium Family do I need to be with my phone in the country where my physical address of the account is or can I also use it in other countries, e.g. through the WiFi of the hotel I'm at for vaccation?

Thanks for the help! 🙂
3 Replies

Hey there @Nathan1232, welcome to the community!

That is a good question. Joining your Spotify account into a Premium for Family plan basically means that you and your family's seperate Spotify accounts upgrade to Premium in a family-friendly montlhy fee (residing in the same physical address as the plan's administrator is the restriction for who can get invited into the plan)

So basically, after you join the Premium for Family plan, you can use your account as you would use a Premium account, including being able to use it while travelling abroad (without the 14-days restriction free ad-based accounts have) and playing music while offline.

You can read more in this support article as well.

Hope this helped!

K

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

Thanks Kate,

I just subscribed to the Premium Family 🙂 So, thanks for clearing my question. I do have one more question: is it possible to change my username that I created a few years ago? I didn't log in with facebook, but created an account with my e-mail address.

And thank you again! 🙂

Hey again @Nathan1232,

I'm glad it helped then 🙂

At this moment it's not possible to change your Spotify username. However, you can vote and comment this idea in hopes it will get implemented 🙂

A workaround is to create a new Spotify account with the username you want or through facebook and then contact a member of the Spotify staff to transfer over your music and playlists to your new account via their twitter handle @SpotifyCares. However it'll be a slight issue with the plan as you may have to re-subscribe anew from the new account and re-invite all your family members (and you may need to cancel your plan so you don't get double charged...).

Have a great Sunday and https://open.spotify.com/track/18oyq3ocsV8gcp9Ce5zL5v

K

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

Suggested posts