Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error 802, can't play tracks in desktop application, not even search results in android app

Solved!

Error 802, can't play tracks in desktop application, not even search results in android app

Spotify seems to be somewhat down currently:

Linux desktop application:

• The different panels load very slowly if at all when opening spotify
  • It complains about not being able to activate spotify social
  • It complains about a connection error 802
  • It sometimes goes into offline mode during startup
  • No search results
  • Can only play cached tracks

Android application:

• No search results
  • "What's new" only shows "Loading..." except for the social stuff  at the bottom (which seems to work)
  • Can only play downloaded tracks

As far as I can tell this is not caused by local connectivity issues. Can anybody confirm that this is happening for others as well?

I'm rethinking whether I really want to keep my premium subscription given these stability issues and the fact that it took you weeks to sort out that trivial expired ubuntu repository key issue. Your customer support's incompetence also became obvious when they redirected me to the community for assistance on that ubuntu key matter, which obviously can only be fixed on your side, and blaming it on the linux client being unsupported. This really isn't what I consider caring about customers.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

"We are still working on the aforementioned issues that are affecting some European users. Sorry for the inconvenience."

Aha. "some" users. This at least affects several thousands of people given the number of complaints here, if not even everyone.

View solution in original post

27 Replies

same problem.......

Now it's telling me that someone else is using my account!?

Same here - since this afternoon, around 3pm.  Can't search, get error 802 or a message saying the content doesn't exist, thought I know it does since I've searched it before. 

On my samsung galaxy s2, I can search for songs, but it is a 50% chance to get results.. When I do, and try to add the song to a playlist, it seems to be OK, but when I go to the playlist and find the song, it only says "Loading..." instead of the song name..

2. I cant make a playlist offline either... 

what to do?

Is it server side or is there a fix for this issue?

This happened to me as well. The "Whats new" tab do not load, the radio do not load, the search function does not work and it is not possible to open any bands or albums.

Had a few Windows updates recently, but I doubt they are of any affection to the problem since other platforms have the same problem.

I can play songs that I recently heard, and also songs from the Top lists. But after 3-4 songs it stops working again and the error message appear saying "There is a problem with the connection to spotify. Please try again shortly. (802)" and also "Browsing failed, please try again later"

Running Windows 7 64bit build 7601

Spotify allowed in Windows Firewall
Spotify version 0.8.4.93.gd9f49c35

I also get the 802 error. Song just stops playing, or doesn't play at all. Searc function doesn't work, and "What's new" just keep loading. My Spotify app on iPhone doesn't work either. It wont search for songs or syncronize. Has been going on for a couple of hours now. I tried to restart Spotify, and restart my mac, but it didn't work. 

Marked as solution

"We are still working on the aforementioned issues that are affecting some European users. Sorry for the inconvenience."

Aha. "some" users. This at least affects several thousands of people given the number of complaints here, if not even everyone.

Possible solution: Download spotify installation, then reinstall the programme over the top of Spotify. Took no time at all and seemed to fix the problem. Maybe windows/spotify updates are incompatible?

This was definitely a server side outage, nothing one could have fixed locally. It was down for about 4-5 hours, but has been back working for quite a while when you posted your response. It also wasn't related to windows updates, at least not directly. In my case I was using Spotify for Linux and Android, not for Windows.

I must be honest, I am really starting to get annoyed. 

I've got an offline playlist on my iPhone 4 and I keep getting jitters mid way through songs. Today I've had to frequently restart my playlist because of error 802. I'm really starting to wonder whether the service is worth the £10 a month that I pay for it.

ditto  re:worth the money

have been getting intermittent issues, spotify support to date been fairly unhelpful, including making me clear my large song cache and reinstalling and whatever they did their side today has meant that now instead of /as well as my android stopping in the middle of songs and bouncing back to the start screen, my desktop version does it too now

Hi,

Almost every other track I'm getting the following error in the desktop app on my iMac: "There is a problem with the connection to Spotify. Please try again shortly. (802)" 

Our internet connection is fine 😕

Any ideas?

It's irratating but an easy solution. Remove from PC and download and install again. Problem was solved easily.

I am getting this 802 Error today, and shouldn't.  I tried the reinstall as suggested, but I am still having issues....even after REBOOTING. GRRRRRR! Please help!

Had 802 three times now. Very annoying on a premium service. 

I thought the disconnected message was being helpful. It was the track being played by Keane when Spotify became Stopify and - er, disconnected!

"Please try again shortly (802)", a bit annoying when ive been trying again and again for the past few hours...

It goes like this: it plays two or three tracks just fine, then nada. I wait a couple of minutes, try another track. Plays two or three songs, then stop. Repeat.

And its been like this before...

I've been having the same problem for a while now.. My internet connection works perfectly ( Glassfiber 100mb/ps up and down, ping aprox 4ms ) and the funny thing about it is the fact that I get the error wait 2min and it works again for 5min and then its back.. This is not why I got premium and it sure as hell isn't a reason to keep it... 

Suggested posts