Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error Code: 410

Solved!

Error Code: 410

Hello,

As of yesterday I can't log in to my Spotify account using my Spotify account details.

The interface appears but I get a 410 error code forcing me in offline mode, also saying that my username or password is wrong. 

I've tried to reset the password, but I'm not getting the mail, maybe I've been hacked?

317 Replies

Hi Craigwilson1980 - You're probably having trouble logging in because you've made a duplicate account on our system. 

However you've also signed this duplicate up for the 30 day trial, rather than your 'craigwilson1980' account. We can work this out--keep an eye on your inbox as I've just sent you an email. 

Hi Meredith,

Not sure how I created another account, anyhow I seem to be back up and running now.

Thanks!

Suddenly today i got a 404 error message (offline mode) i logged out from my spotify and logged in later, but now i keep getting an 410 error message, even after i tried reinstall spotify

Hi Meredith,

The problem has now happened again still this 410 message.

I was able to log in and listen to music briefly after i emailed you, only then to receive the 404 message then it asked me to update spotify again once i did this the dreaded 410 message.

Thanks

Craig

Right now it seems that it's working again here. But now my gender is disappeared under my edit profile page, and also my birthday are incorrect now... it says my birthday is 1. january 2011, but it's not, and can't change it myself cause i use my facebook for login with spotify, but at my facebook my birthday is correct

Hello,

I'm currently receiving the 410 error and am unable to log into the Spotify application. This occured when I first started using the program, but it spontaneously resolved after resetting my facebook password over and over again. Unfortunately, this time around, I am not able to log into the application at all. ANy help would be much appreciated.

Thanks. 

I received the 404 error code and after trying to log back on, am continually seeing the 410 error code. I am able to log onto the website and listen on my phone but spotify on my computer is not working. Help???

-reids235@yahoo.com

Hello, I'm having the same issue too... I cannot log on to my account via the mac program, or my phone... I keep getting the 410 error message... Can we please fix this? Idk what you guys did in this last update, but obviously it failed....

can't login with my desktop spotify. I got message "username or password is wrong". Dudes, this is not funny. Sometimes I pass the login-form and get errors 404 and 401 ...

Hey guys, there's a few different error messages being mentioned here so I'll try to deal with each of them.

410 and 401 are just username/password issues. To sort them out, firstly try a password reset: https://www.spotify.com/password-reset/

If your account was created through Facebook then you could try resetting your FB password. Or, you could try launching Spotify directly from FB via a Play Link such as https://www.facebook.com/music/song/Scary-Monsters-And-Nice-Sprites/482574011902

404 is a connection error, usually just temporary. But it's worth checking your connection in any case (resetting your router, setting up an exception for Spotify in your firewall, and so on).

More information here: http://www.spotify.com/help/faq/account/temporary-login-error/

I hope this helps!

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Had the same issue, the solution was to sign in with my USERNAME instead of my email address... hope this helps any other mac users. i'm on Lion.

Marked as solution

juste for information

I had the same message yesterday... I've reinstalled the application... changed my password on facebook account...

Always the same error...

It was in fact an idiot mistake...

There was an underscore in my password... and on the keyboard, there are several keys which seems to be an underscore...

In fact there are 2 or 3 kinds of caracters like this, and just one is realy an underscore...

If you are in this case, check different keys...

It works fine for me now with facebook email adress for login.

hi.....i´m having this error 410 now and have had for the past week or so....i´ve tried everything: uninstalling (including all associated files in my library folder) and then reinstalling after a restart. First login works well, but if i quit and open again i get the 410 error. I´ve also tried resetting my facebook password, but nothing helps.....

did some of you actually found a way to get this to work? it´s pretty annoying right now....paying for the premium account, just to meet this error on each login-attempt...

if someone at spotify reads this please help me out with a solution of some sort.....

Hi ekkoarkitekt- That's odd, our records show that your account is active and healthy. 

Are you definitely signing in with the same email address and password you use for Facebook? It might be worth checking the email address you're entering. 

If you're still having trouble, fill out our contact form so I can give you some more specific troubleshooting steps. 

This is driving me batty - I miss my spotify!  Tried to reset password, but the same thing happens I'm offline.  This has been happening for a few days now, can someone help me out?

Thanks!

Krxclark- Are you also receiving the 410 error message? Your account is fine our end and 410 is generally a login/ password error rather than an offline issue. 

Are you using your 'krxclark' username to log in? You can try to reset that password again right here.

If you continue to receive an error message please let us know. 

I`m having the same problem here. This is my friends account because i can't login with my Facebook acc anymore.

When I try to login in the Spotify app, it says that my username and password is incorrect.

When i try to register an new account with my Facebook acc, it says that the account already exists.

And when i try to login in the spotify.com it says: An error has ocurred processing your login. Please try again.

My Facebook account email is ****@gmail.com

Hey diegocosta, welcome to the Community.

Firstly, I'll change the email address you posted. Best not put that out publicly.

I'll send you an email on this to explain what's happened.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips
Marked as solution

Hello,

this morning during playback on my android (galaxy s), spotify crashed and then will not let me log back in giving me the invalid email/password 410 error. I've since gone through the steps to reset device passwords three times now and still it will not connect to my account.

this is very frustrating.

Hi I´m having the error 410, my old account was named "Larsson^". Now I´m not able to login on my account because it says that Im having the wrong account details.. 
Can you please help me get my account back, my email is cooldavido@hotmail.com 

Suggested posts