Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Forcing followers

Forcing followers

After the most recent Spotify update and the white design appeared it became possible to follow artists and users. I was automatically following some of my "most played" artists (according to Spotify anyway) and a single user.

This user was followed by many people, so it wasn't a coincidence. I think he had around 30 followers at that point, while the rest mostly had zero or at most a couple. I immediately stopped following him. Now a total of 113 people are following him! I'm guessing this is due to more people updating to the newest version and automatically following him, just like happened to me.

What is causing this? Is this a random bug or has this user done something to force people to follow his user automatically? The thing is that this guy is not some "random friend", but rather cynical, and probably the only friend on my contact list who would read about how to or even pay for getting people to follow him.

3 Replies

II also have unintentionally started following some girl that I don't know and have no interest in knowing what she listens to.

@NoiseMaker wrote:

II also have unintentionally started following some girl that I don't know and have no interest in knowing what she listens to.

You should just be able to click Unfollow at the top of her profile page. That'll stop her terrible, terrible music taste showing up in your activity feed.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

(Edit: By unintentional I mean that I have actively done nothing to start following this person. It has just happened.)

Of course it does and I have also done so. But it annoys me, and apparently a whole bunch of others, that I have to keep repeating this procedure.

Also, if I add a shared playlist I also become a follower of that user, witch I don't want to. I just wanna share a playlist.

When my free subscription ends I'm thinking of switching to rdio or Google All Acess Music.

Suggested posts