Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Free Trial what happens when it's over?

Solved!

Free Trial what happens when it's over?

Hello Spotify,
People may have asked you the same question, but I need a full understandment. I've just downloaded the Spotify app on my iPod and I got the 48 hour free trial plan. Now, what would exactly happen once the free trial is over? Will I still be able to listen to Spotify on my iPod or will the app automatically shut down? Will I also be charged if I don't cancel my free trial before the 48 hours? Now, I guess I should also say that I have a Spotify free account on my computer without this app.

Thanks for your moment!
152 Replies

would it be charged on my phone bill?? because i signed up to spotify through facebook so how would i pay?

@ellieflip9296 wrote:

would it be charged on my phone bill?? because i signed up to spotify through facebook so how would i pay?

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

All Spotify payments are done via credit/debit card (amoung others), but you need to manually subscribe and enter those details. Spotify will not charged a subscription fee to your mobile bill. For a list of payment methods, see this help page.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

hi i provided my credit card information... i love spotify and dont mind paying the 9.99 a month but i went through the 30 day trial and now its telling me i cant play any of the songs ive already downloaded and there not even in my playlist anymore ....

For billing concerns contact customer support using the contact form https://www.spotify.com/us/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?contact

@beehgritty wrote:

hi i provided my credit card information... i love spotify and dont mind paying the 9.99 a month but i went through the 30 day trial and now its telling me i cant play any of the songs ive already downloaded and there not even in my playlist anymore ....

What device are you using? 

Can you just double check your account is on premium on your subscription status in your online overview. Try logging out and back into the client again. 

Peter

Peter

My 48 hour subscription ended and I can't figure out how to get premium. I'm using it in an iPhone app and I haven't gotten an email or anything to upgrade.

@Jschulte23 wrote:
My 48 hour subscription ended and I can't figure out how to get premium. I'm using it in an iPhone app and I haven't gotten an email or anything to upgrade.

You should be able to subscribe and get a lovely 30 day free trial from https://www.spotify.com/freetrial/ in your browser.

Peter

Peter

So if i dont start 30 days trial extend,i wont be charged,but i cant stream music anymore

I have recently downloaded the Spotify App, and the 48-hour free trail is in progress. I have only synced one playlist to my iPhone. Once the trail is over, will I no longer be able to listen to this playlist on my phone?

I would like to say I am not happy with this. Why pay when I already have it free on my computer? I like to be mobile. i can say i like spotify, it gives me the music i want to hear but i think i should be able to have it free on my ipod when i have it free on my computer.

@madi wrote:

I would like to say I am not happy with this. Why pay when I already have it free on my computer? I like to be mobile. i can say i like spotify, it gives me the music i want to hear but i think i should be able to have it free on my ipod when i have it free on my computer.

Currently, Spotify on mobile devices has always required a premium subscription, unless you are in the US in which case you can have free mobile radio. 

This might change in the future who knows, but for now mobile playback is a premium feature. 

Peter

Peter

That's kind of bogus it's supposed
To stay FREE .!!!! :(😒😒

What happens if I don't choose to do a 30-day trial and I don't choose to pay for premium or unlimited?

@GiP15 wrote:
What happens if I don't choose to do a 30-day trial and I don't choose to pay for premium or unlimited?

If you don't use the trial you just stay on Spotify free?

If you want this 30 day free trial however, you have to give your payment information on the website.

After that you get your premium trial. If you do NOT cancel before the 30 days are over it automatically transfers into a regular premium membership and you pay each month for it.

However if you cancel the trial before the 30 days end you can also delete your payment information again - so it is free.

I sent customer service an email saying I wanted to delete my account but they haven't replied yet. Is there a faster way to delete it?

GiP15 - Looks like my colleague recently replied. Once we hear back, we'll get it sorted.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi. I was wondering if anyone could help me. I've tried to get te 30 day free trial and signed up with my PayPal account but its only giving me the 48 hr trial. What can I do?

@Aceos wrote:
Hi. I was wondering if anyone could help me. I've tried to get te 30 day free trial and signed up with my PayPal account but its only giving me the 48 hr trial. What can I do?

The free 48 hour trial takes precedence over your 30 day trial when you are viewing your account. If you have successfully gone through the subscription process for the 30 day free, don't worry it will start automatically after your 48 hour trial is over. 

Peter

Peter

I know this question was asked but do I keep my music that I've synced already?!?

@JayJay9000 wrote:
I know this question was asked but do I keep my music that I've synced already?!?

If you are continuing with your premium subscription after the trail then yes you can keep those tracks. 

Otherwise as soon as your subscription ends and your account reverts to Spotify free you will loose any offline content you have synced. 

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts