Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hacked Again! 2nd time this month

Hacked Again! 2nd time this month

It Appears as though someone keeps gaining access to my spotify account through nefarious means. I get that hacking happens its inevitable, but for the second time in a month ive had my account compromised. it verging on the ridiculous, battles to listen to my own music, changing of my passwords to the point of finally using an encrypted password generator, **bleep**ty music selection by the person listening.

ive used spotify for years without issue, and now twice within a month my account has been compromised as well as my playlists deleted by someone who listens to the darn fifty shades of grey soundtrack.

can we please get this sorted again.

i mean for the love of god if i have my music paused on my drive home again im just gonna leave this service after 5 years of no issues.

1 Reply

Hey @BearlyLegal,

The best course of action when something like that happens is to create a new account with a different email address from the one you're using (Tip: don't use the one you use for Facebook). That will give you a different Spotify username of your choice.

Once you have this new account, fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you migrate your Premium privileges, library, playlists, friends, etc. to this new account.

Connected devices stay with the old account, so you'll have a fresh start without them.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts