Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] Block Followers

I believe there should be a way to block people that are following you on Spotify. When blocked, the user will automatically unfollow you and will not be able to find you, or view your public playlists.

Blocking should be possible via both username and email address.

Liam

Updated on 2021-11-16

Hi everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Ideas Exchange, and sharing your votes and comments.

We’re pleased to confirm that all users now have the option to block another user on Spotify. With this update, you can actively block another user across desktop and mobile devices, preventing them from being able to see listening activity, public playlists, or view profile pages.

Here’s how it works:

• When visiting another user’s profile, click on the   (...) button.
  • Select “Block” (or “Block User” on mobile) to block the user whose profile you are viewing.
  • This user will now be blocked and cannot access your page, public playlists or view your listening activity.
  • To unblock a user, click the Unblock option in the same menu.

We're always working hard to provide the best possible Spotify experience in a safe environment.

Please see here for more information.

Comments
Liam
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Peter__
Liam

@hammeh

Yeah - those are for subscribers to playlists, not followes 🙂

Peter__

They are quite closely related though, since playlist subscribers are now Followers too 😉

Peter

Liam

But still far away enough for this not to be a duplicate 😉

Peter__

Yup! I agree 🙂 

Ianhar01

I've seen this suggested many times before, but have never seen a response from the company.  Is there no way to remove followers?

Liam

Please kudo this idea if you want to see it Implemented!

kountessloyanda

Please implement the ability to delete or block followers ananomously ...thank you!  

Liam

Thanks to all that have been supporting this idea 🙂

Keep the kudos coming in!

Liam